Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2007, 10:07 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times

Advertisements

I need a "free consultation"!! Anyone know someone in the area?

I am FURIOUS. Trying to buy a house, and I can't see how what happened to me can possibly be legal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 06:45 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
OMG, I hope you didn't run into OUR realtor. She was a complete ditz from the first showing up until closing. We shoulda dumped her that first night, but we are too kind, I guess. Live and learn. She didn't do anything illegal; it was just a frustrating ride--she was often unavailable on the weekends when we (like most people) were available to look at homes, she couldn't ever answer a question without "getting back to us", and she showed us homes that already had contracts on them even though we specifically requested NOT to see any homes that were not active. I could go on, but I won't.

Good luck to you, and I hope you find a professional, mentally balanced realtor.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:52 PM

469 posts, read 2,342,551 times
I can recommend a name but I don't know any lawyers that are free. I'll send a pm.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:00 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
I can recommend a name but I don't know any lawyers that are free. I'll send a pm.

No, he just wants a free consultation. Most lawyers will give you 15 minutes or so for free just to see if you have a case worth taking.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:55 PM
lcw

118 posts, read 669,662 times
What happened to you?

Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
Sorry for the alarming post. I was LIVID.

I still am but it looks like I don't have a case (legally).

Long story short: a house I thought I was under contract on was sold "out from under" me while I was signing the contract.

As it turns out, the sellers never signed their counter offer so they were not legally bound to their agreement.

Ethically, well, that's another story... but at the time I was under the impression that they HAD signed and I was ready to force them to sell!

Sadly I was mistaken. So what we thought was "the house" will not be ours after all.

The sellers met with someone (outside of their agent's knowledge) and sold for slightly more than our offer, and all within hours of accepting our offer. Just a mess, but that's the way it goes, huh?

I won't be considering ANY more "verbal" counter-offers as serious, that's for sure!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: