Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:13 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,466,627 times

Advertisements

My PERSONAL fav is when they will stop when you are STANDING in front of them, MONEY in hand...to answer the phone.

I have become so upset by this that I just leave my s*%^ and walk out.

IF someone on the phone that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT bring you business is more important than mine...I just take my business elsewhere. With this economy, VOTE with your $$$ on those places that deserve to survive and those that dont.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-30-2008 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: original post was removed as consumer complaint... however, what followed were great posts, so they stand in this new thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,055,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
That sucks...my PERSONAL fav is when they will stop when you are STANDING in front of them, MONEY in hand...to answer the phone.

I have become so upset by thins that I just leave my s*%^ and walk out.

IF someone on the phone that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT bring you business is more important than mine...I just take my business elsewhere. With this economy, VOTE with your $$$ on those places that deserve to survive and those that dont.
I thought I was the only one that got in a tizz over this. I'm SURE MONEY, the one on the phone is too lazy to get dressed to come see what you've got, and you're blowing me off? Oh, hell no. Seez Ya.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Yea, and I just leave it RIGHT there...I make sure that they KNOW I am leaving...never had ONE of them have the gonads to ask WHY either.

You know what, there are going to be lots and LOTS of businesses HURTING in the next few months...and not a one of them sell anything that can not be bought somewhere else...

Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,410,577 times
Good thing I'm going to Dominoes for dinner tonight

Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,055,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Good thing I'm going to Dominoes for dinner tonight
Rome's is calling your name. Chicken. They'll be really friendly since they are brand-new. Might be worth skipping the delivery. And then we could have our review in by the weekend. K thanks.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,881,928 times
The best thing to do is go ahead and make the order, but then refuse to pay and say you want to cancel because of rude service. That way, it's in their system which means they have to explain to management why the order got cancelled.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:36 PM

What a GREAT idea...except they make you PAY first, right???

There have been times, in a drive thru...that I know WHY they have the two window system...once they have their money it is not likely you are going to leave regardless of HOW long they take.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,410,577 times
I'm in no mood to deal with Culebra/1604 today. I had one of those rare moments this morning where I hit every green light (until the very end of course) and not one person pi$$ed me off the entire time. I was in my own little moron free zone of nothing but great temperatures and empty asphalt. Even the drive in wasn't really eventful. If I didn't have stupid homework to do this would've been an almost perfect day.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,302,309 times
Quote:
That sucks...my PERSONAL fav is when they will stop when you are STANDING in front of them, MONEY in hand...to answer the phone.

Pizza Hut employees get written up if they don't answer the phone by the 3rd ring.. and if they do it enough they'll be fired..HOWEVER, they are supposed to answer just long enough to put the person on the phone on hold to deal with an in-person customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The best thing to do is go ahead and make the order, but then refuse to pay and say you want to cancel because of rude service. That way, it's in their system which means they have to explain to management why the order got cancelled.
This is a good idea but you should always tell a manager directly. It's very easy a dishonest employee, if no one is around to have heard the complaint, to simply say the person canceled because they left their wallet at home or something similar.

Quote:
What a GREAT idea...except they make you PAY first, right???

There have been times, in a drive thru...that I know WHY they have the two window system...once they have their money it is not likely you are going to leave regardless of HOW long they take.
Pizza Huts will vary in their policies, but in general, no, they don't make you pay first if you're there in person to order. It's usually up to the customer.

I hate the 2 window drive throughs for that reason. The McDonald's by me is run by the absolute bottom of the barrel. We don't make it a habit to eat there but every time we do, they screw it up and the manager has a nasty attitude. I don't get customer service workers who hate customer service... especially managers!? WTH!? I understand having to work fast food jobs can suck but jeez, you can always opt to work in the back, as a cook or similar. I had some of the worst jobs like that in high school and early adulthood but I never took my frustrations out on the customer.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 PM

348 posts, read 1,223,514 times
Quote:

Haha, I was reading this thread and thought...noooo, I was that person once!

My first summer job, I was a hostess at Veladi Ranch Steakhouse and did the 'answer the phone ignore the person standing there' thing once (ok maybe twice) .

I was 16! I honestly didn't know it was rude and irritating to a customer but figured it out quickly when people would storm out!!

Hopefully you were dealing with a teenager but I guess you never know!?!

Although, I admit that if it happens to me now, I am still not forgiving...train your people pleaseeeee!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio