Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

vigilante homeowners? that isn't even possible. A homeowner has almost unlimited rights in their own home and obviously is not out looking for trouble. I'll just have to leave it at that...
and why are we at the fair shooting people? this is a homeowner protecting their own home thread. I don't know about everyone, but I don't have a bunch of random people in my house and I especially don't invite over people that have a predisposition to get in gunfights.. wowzers, where'd the track go anyhow? this thing got totally derailed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 02:57 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Ah, but you simply assume that the vigilante homeowners all register legally and that the criminals don't...
Maybe we feel the way we do about our home is because we OWN it...funny when you make a commitment to something (property or others) how strongly you feel about it....

Last edited by Paka; 01-09-2009 at 03:08 PM..

Old 01-09-2009, 02:58 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Ah, but you simply assume that the vigilante homeowners all register legally and that the criminals don't...
Hello, I know you are our resident anti-gun advocate; but just because you are against something doesn't mean you have to be ignorant about it!

Texas has no requirement for gun owners to register their weapons. As long as you are legally-qualified to purchase the weapon, you have no further requirements to do any paperwork with the state.

Your continued propagandic attempts to influence and persuade people are a waste as most of us see right through your twisting of facts to fit your argument. I have posted this before and guess I need to do so again; but research (Gun Facts) has proved time and time again that the scare tactics used by the anti-gun lobby never actually happen. As a matter of fact, the result is usually the opposite.

The bottom line is that no gun control effort has ever reduced the number of guns in the hands of criminals. It only causes law-abiding citizens to become victims of crime because they obey the law despite how idiotic it may be. That is why the greatest advocates of the anti-gun lobby are the criminals themselves!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 PM

266 posts, read 706,260 times
I am constantly amazed by you anti gun folks and the arguments you make. You always blame the person who was attacked and defended himself; you blame the piece of metal and or plastic for causing the criminal to do what he does. For some reason you think if every gun was removed from earth there would be no killing. Where do you folks come from? What kind of mental disorder allows you to distort reality the way you do? Do you really not understand basic human psychology? It is truly madness.

I am trying to not get angry with people who think like this, it’s easier when you view it at a mental illness. View them like you would a mental patient who thinks he is napoleon Bonaparte.

My favorite bumper sticker slogan of late is the following
To blame a gun for killing someone is like blaming a pencil for misspelled words.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 PM

266 posts, read 706,260 times
Quote:
I'm not sticking up for thugs. I'm sticking up for good kids who may make careless mistakes. rd2007, I'm glad that you educated your child and that she/he would know better to do that. I'm also sure that, in line with your beliefs and ethics, you told your child that if he or she was ever by chance perceived by a homeowner as being an "intruder" that said homeowner has the right to shoot him or her dead. You did add that part to your lesson, right? I agree perticusrex that parents are not in full control of what their kids do. This issue is a shame all the way around, and I'm afraid its being publicized in the news may do more harm than good, as the true thugs aren't likely to read news reports anyway.
OMG I just read this. You are more mentally ill that I had first thought. Im dam near speechless.

Defending GOOD kids? You are kidding me right? These good kids, kill, rob, steal, rape, and on and on. Show me a kid with a gun kicking in someone’s front door, the last thing ill show you is a GOOD kid. Holy crap, how do you even function?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:01 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdave2 View Post
I am constantly amazed by you anti gun folks and the arguments you make. You always blame the person who was attacked and defended himself; you blame the piece of metal and or plastic for causing the criminal to do what he does. For some reason you think if every gun was removed from earth there would be no killing. Where do you folks come from? What kind of mental disorder allows you to distort reality the way you do? Do you really not understand basic human psychology? It is truly madness.

I am trying to not get angry with people who think like this, it’s easier when you view it at a mental illness. View them like you would a mental patient who thinks he is napoleon Bonaparte.

My favorite bumper sticker slogan of late is the following
To blame a gun for killing someone is like blaming a pencil for misspelled words.
please let me know if you ever see a place that sells that bumper sticker

Old 01-09-2009, 05:06 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
For you!

Liberty Stickers – Bumper Stickers – Custom Printing

And if you feel like REALLY spending a few $$, here is the tshirt too!

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/if_guns_kill...72170044598395

Old 01-09-2009, 05:16 PM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I can find you this one:
"To blame alcohol for killing someone is like blaming a pencil for misspelled words"

Vote yes for "open carry (beer)"

Old 01-09-2009, 06:57 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
Quote:
I don't know...just a guess, but something tells me that the idiot that just kicked your front door in holding a gun (that he'll most likely use on you soon), didn't take the time to pencil in "gotta register my guns" on his calendar that morning...I could be wrong but I doubt it....

Old 01-09-2009, 07:01 PM

944 posts, read 3,062,427 times
I think that the last 7 or 8 posters have extrapolated information from my posts that have no relation to what I wrote. In my posts I expressed dismay about the mob attitude and the way this was being discussed and the dangers of society running along this course. I did not write that any homeowner was outside of his or her rights to shoot an intruder. It's called reading comprehension, people (I'm just sayin'

Last edited by hello13685; 01-09-2009 at 07:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio