Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,371,909 times

Advertisements

OK....for those who are bored, wonder what SA has to offer....can't figure out what to do.....this weekend offers a lot! Other than great weather (hoping it holds up!)

Sat - Mar 13
San Antonio Museum of Art is kicking off their exhibit on "Psychedelic: Optical and Visionary Art since the 1960s" (last's through August and free on

Tuesdays) San Antonio Museum of Art Psychedelic: Optical and Visionary Art since the 1960s

And Luminarias.....4-9

Luminaria: Arts Night In San Antonio - March 13, 2010

Sun - Mar 14
Pearl Farmers Market

2010 Paella Cookoff

This one-day community event, to be held on the grounds of Pearl, will celebrate the quintessential dish of Spain with a Paella Cook-Off. Cocina de las Americas will bring together chefs from all over the country and Latin America to compete in an Iron Chef style Paella competition. The afternoon will be filled with live entertainment and highlight the food and wine of Spain including sangria, Spain’s famous hams and cheeses and an array of Spanish tapas prepared by the CIA San Antonio students.
Time:
Sun, 03/14/2010 11:00am

Calendar | Pearl Farmers Market

****Side Note - Pearl has 3-4 Bus Routes to the Farmers Market on Grayson as well as access by water Taxi on the San Antonio River. Check the website for more info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Sat - Mar 13
San Antonio Museum of Art is kicking off their exhibit on "Psychedelic: Optical and Visionary Art since the 1960s" (last's through August and free on

Tuesdays) San Antonio Museum of Art Psychedelic: Optical and Visionary Art since the 1960s
Far out, man.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:02 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,049,744 times
I've got honey-dos and house work offered to me. Hoooo! That's what weekends are for!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:49 PM

20 posts, read 33,505 times
wCat, thank you so much for posting info about these events. I am going to the museum tomorrow I wish I can see more posts like this one here...I moved to SA 8 months ago and I don't really know what this city has to offer...I find it a little boring

Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,049,744 times
It would be cool if we had an ongoing thread about weekly community events. Or maybe we do? Not sure. ruxy, there's almost always something going on in town or in nearby surrounding areas... especially now that the weather has improved.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,126,370 times
This is not a tomorrow event but there's going to be a Dignowity Hill Push Cart Derby race in the next week or two. Always fascinated by the unusual unique event going on!
6th Annual Dignowity Hill Pushcart Derby | Contemporary Art Month

Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 PM

20 posts, read 33,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
It would be cool if we had an ongoing thread about weekly community events. Or maybe we do? Not sure. ruxy, there's almost always something going on in town or in nearby surrounding areas... especially now that the weather has improved.
HillCountryHotRodMan, you might be right...but not to all those events you can go by yourself

Old 03-13-2010, 11:17 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,371,909 times
oopsie....EDIT ALERT - Luminarias is 6pm until Midnight...although getting there at 4pm might be wiser because of parking.....oh heck...expect it to be jammed all day and you won't be frustrated!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
oopsie....EDIT ALERT - Luminarias is 6pm until Midnight...although getting there at 4pm might be wiser because of parking.....oh heck...expect it to be jammed all day and you won't be frustrated!
Went to Luminaria tonight for the first time. You weren't kidding about the parking and traffic! We parked for free at the Alamodome and walked. It was a great night for the walk.

It was nice to see so many folks out and about and I'm always up for a good excuse to come downtown. But frankly, I was underwhelmed by the event itself. The lighted buildings were kind of cool, but I didn't get much out of the two stages of dancing and the orchestra performance at the edge of the jam-packed food court. Did I miss much by not going into the buildings?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:21 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,198,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxy View Post
wCat, thank you so much for posting info about these events. I am going to the museum tomorrow I wish I can see more posts like this one here...I moved to SA 8 months ago and I don't really know what this city has to offer...I find it a little boring
Try here for starters:

SA Events Calendar On-line - San Antonio Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio