Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,840,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
LindaGrace - married to the wonderful Felix.

Live in the med center area

Work (conveniently) at UTHSCSA in continuing education - I manage a non-profit within UTHSCSA. We provide CEUs to healthcare professionals (via audioconference) across the US and Canada.

Errr...moved here 12 years ago this June from St. Louis. I was born and raised in central Illinois (I've been to Chicago exactly twice in my life - St. Louis is my big city!). I'd move back to central Illinois if I could get my native-Texan husband out of Texas.

I am of German and Welsh extraction on my mom's side, and German and English on my dad's. I was blessed with dark brown curly (!) hair, light blue eyes, fair skin that shrinks from the south Texas sun, my dad's heigh and BIG FEET (anyone ever try to buy shoes in a women's 11 narrow?! ).

ETA: As for hobbies, I read voraciously and I bake cookies. Lots and lots and lots of cookies. I'm also a HUGE fan of the Rolling Stones, Ian (Mac) McLagan and the Bump Band, and all that British Invasion type music. And I root for the St. Louis Cardinals.
LindaGrace: I lived in Belleville, IL from 1999 to 2006 and yes I too root for the Cardinals. For a year I was security at the Busch Stadium, (1999-2000). I was rooting for the Astros at the time, but finally got around to being a Cardinal fan in the last coouple of years. I like the Rams too but I hate the management of the team. It's a loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 PM

165 posts, read 463,988 times
Gy2020: I lived in Belleville, IL during that same time (2001-2004).

I'm married and we have one kiddo. Hubby is an active duty Air Force officer. We've moved 7 times in the past (almost) 14 years...we've actually moved 4 times in 4 years! We've been stationed in CA, TX, IL, WA, VA, KS and now TX again.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesmic View Post
Gy2020: I lived in Belleville, IL during that same time (2001-2004).

I'm married and we have one kiddo. Hubby is an active duty Air Force officer. We've moved 7 times in the past (almost) 14 years...we've actually moved 4 times in 4 years! We've been stationed in CA, TX, IL, WA, VA, KS and now TX again.
holmesmic:
Your husband must have been stationed at Scott AFB. I actually lived pretty close to there. I had a Belleville mailing address but lived in the county east of Belleville about 5 miles from the base. Were you there when the UFO sighting occurred and one of the police officers in the area reported it. It was either 2000 or 2001. If not you may have heard of it.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 AM

165 posts, read 463,988 times
Sounds like we could have been neighbors, gy2020. We were also in the county, but with a Belleville mailing address...practically right at the edge of town. It was great because the county actually cleared the snow in front of our house. Houses literally one block away from me, didn't get that luxury from the City. I don't remember hearing of a UFO sighting though.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,021 times
Military brat--dad was AF for 24 years, my husband has been in almost 23 years. I've moved all my life but have been in SA for almost 5 years (and that's too long in one spot for me!). I've been coming to SA all my life because my grandmother has lived here for 37 years. Born in Turkey, lived in North Dakota, Oklahoma, Alaska, and Japan.

Mom to a high school daughter, and elementary son. Currently a civil service employee working on Lackland in the Sexual Assault Prevention program. I have recently started going back to school to try to finish what I've put off for 17 years. I love to bake and scrapbook (when I have the time).

Old 03-11-2009, 06:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I put it off for 21 years
I'm finally under one year to go

Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I put it off for 21 years
I'm finally under one year to go
RD: Are you telling us that you are 20 years old today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio