Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times

Advertisements

Nobody on this board with any actual knowledge of the real estate market isn't going to bother answering the OP's question. It's a waste of time and effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasWeatherman View Post
Not even the same thing. My statements are based on fact.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:32 PM

791 posts, read 3,960,300 times
At the risk of spreading more marketing (mis)information, here is the text of an email I received from Koontz McCombs today:

KOONTZ MCCOMBS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE BROADWAY SAN ANTONIO IS ON SCHEDULE WITH RESIDENTS TO MOVE IN SPRING, 2010

EXTERIOR UPDATE
Celebrations have begun as The Broadway has topped out the highest floor! Twenty! Final touches to the outside structure will continue until approximately May. At that time, the installation of all windows and custom pre-cast wall panels will be complete. The Broadway’s distinctive crown, now in fabrication, will grace the top of the building in the next few weeks.

INTERIOR UPDATE
The interior finish-out of the building is also beginning to quickly take shape. Many of our buyers have already selected specific finishes and their homes are in the process of being completed. Drywall is in place for the residences on the 3rd and 4th floors, as well as window systems and terrace sliding glass doors. There will be at least one completely finished unit available for tours in early May. Once the building’s air conditioning system becomes operational in the summer, flooring, cabinetry and climate-sensitive items will be installed.

RESORT DECK UPDATE
The fabulous resort deck will be one of the last areas of the building to be completed before residents move in next February. The 55-foot saline pool, sundeck and spa areas are already in place. Planters for the palm trees and reinforcing materials for the outdoor lounge and covered terrace are also in place and ready for construction.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Thanks Celeste.....it's good to know that this project seems to be going forward. It would be terrible for the city for it to stall out at this point.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 PM

944 posts, read 3,063,328 times
Great update, thanks. I suspect that the Broadway is in the section of the city that posted a 40% year-over-year price increase, as reported in the Express News this past week.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie b View Post
Our first words upon seeing that monstrosity were = White Elephant. We liked that lil restraurant that was there before. THAT was San Antonio.
That "lil" restaurant is still around, they just moved up to Terrell Plaza.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:45 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,329 times
Quote:
THAT was San Antonio.
What about it was San Antonio?

It's look? No.

It's food? Not really.

It's history? Sure but history is history for a reason, it's the past. It'll always be history, nothing can change it.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 AM

841 posts, read 1,747,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Thanks Celeste.....it's good to know that this project seems to be going forward. It would be terrible for the city for it to stall out at this point.
Yes. My fear was that it would be similar to the tower off of Jackson-Keller (?) over by Lee HS and Castle Hills that stalled in the 1980's. I forget how long it was vacant, but I'm sure the neighbors didn't appreciate a half-finished (I'm not even sure if brickwork was complete) shell.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
I too have heard rumors that the development is in trouble. Wrong time for $500,000 condos. We just aren't that type of city.
One of the TV stations ran a story last week about an Army colonel, relocating with the BRAC construction, who is buying a big condo at the Pearl Brewery. He was thrilled with the location and the space he was getting. I wouldn't have guessed that the incoming military folks would be high-end condo buyers, but apparently they're making an impact on the market. If they can afford it, this tower would be a great location for them, too.

Last edited by Bo; 03-20-2009 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: added a few words to complete the thought

Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,339 times
Quote:
Our first words upon seeing that monstrosity were = White Elephant. We liked that lil restraurant that was there before. THAT was San Antonio.
I never understand the idea of not wanting change, growth, and progress.

"We liked the grassy fields around the Alamo back in the 1800s. THAT was San Antonio"

Sure...if something great is removed or closed, then it is something to be sad about. But the Earl Abel's that existed at Hildebrand/Broadway just before it was closed/sold/moved was most definitely not anything great. IMO of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio