Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 AM

129 posts, read 513,089 times

Advertisements

Ned a new King size, not cheap and not expensive, dont know where to start. any recs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
never lay down on the most expensive mattress, unless you're prepared to buy it. I did that and everything else felt like crap. However, I still have the mattress and it's still just as comfortable as day 1.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:16 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
It's best to spend a little more than a little less when it comes to something you're spending so much time on. A cheap mattress can literally ruin your entire day (every day, for a long, long time).

I ended up buying a Duxiana 8888 in Dallas. Yeah, it was expensive, but it beats the pants off of anything else out there and will last for a long while. I'd also recommend Tempurpedic material or any form of temp-sensitive, visco-foam. Anything that creates less stress points (ie, coil springs) is a good thing.

BN

Old 03-14-2009, 07:24 PM

330 posts, read 937,148 times
I second tempurpedic, once you buy one you'll never go back to a regular mattress !!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:14 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Visit any Mattress Firm store. All the major brands have high- and low-end mattresses. The low-end ones are good, but they just don't last as long.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:10 AM

487 posts, read 1,118,142 times
We have 2 tempurpedics and love them but we could have bought a lot of stuff for what they cost! They're great but I'm still not convinced the price is justified.
We have a daybed in our office that has a crappy mattress on it. I recently purchased a 3 inch topper / mattress pad made out of the tempurpedic stuff at Costco and it is wonderful! I can't believe how much it improved the bed. I really didn't think it would help that much but was pleasantly surprised!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,653,212 times
We bought the costco brand of tempurpedics and we love the thing to. 14 inches of the stufflowely sink into the bed,feels great and a king was cheaper than a coil king.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:06 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Check out Overstock.com. We bought our temperpedic type king size mattress from them for $629 and that is for the pillow top 14' memory foam KING size. Saved over $1,700, FREE shipping, NO tax AND they delivered it to our door!! (ok, getting up the stairs was a goatrope, but any matteress would have been because our stairs turn in the middle). Anyway, we LOVE it and HIGHLY recommend it!!!

Here is the link to the one we bought, but they have even thicker (17") and "select a firmness" type as well. Read the reviews...VERY good product at INCREDIBLE SAVINGS! I buy LOTS of stuff from Overstock and have never once had to return anything, or found it cheaper at a local store.

14-inch Pillow Top King-size Memory Foam Mattress from Overstock.com

Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
... Just remember that all memory foam mattresses aren't created equal. I'm no shill for Tempurpedic, but there is a major difference in their visco-elactic memory foam from the stuff you're getting at Costco. It doesn't rebound as quickly and molds MUCH better to the body (ie, it's more temp sensitive). Do your research.

Also, by calling Tempurpedic directly or going onto their website, you can usually snag a sample of the material to judge for yourself. I did side-by-side comparisons when buying mine.

Cheaper isn't always better. Sometimes it's just cheap for cheap's sake.

BN

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Check out Overstock.com. We bought our temperpedic type king size mattress from them for $629 and that is for the pillow top 14' memory foam KING size. Saved over $1,700, FREE shipping, NO tax AND they delivered it to our door!! (ok, getting up the stairs was a goatrope, but any matteress would have been because our stairs turn in the middle). Anyway, we LOVE it and HIGHLY recommend it!!!

Here is the link to the one we bought, but they have even thicker (17") and "select a firmness" type as well. Read the reviews...VERY good product at INCREDIBLE SAVINGS! I buy LOTS of stuff from Overstock and have never once had to return anything, or found it cheaper at a local store.

14-inch Pillow Top King-size Memory Foam Mattress from Overstock.com
Thanks for the good info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio