Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 04:20 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm a safety first person and a little conservative if nobody has noticed.. I'm at a very good job that keeps getting better and I need to make the most of it. I will eventually leave, but not right now.
You just sound so unhappy...sorry. I have a lot of defense contractors as clients...but I don't know what your skill set is.

NG,GA, ITT, SAIC, Halliburton, Raytheon all clients.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:14 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I work full time and go to school full time and that kinda increases the stress level.
and you have to admit this city (and our area) is not like it used to be and it's pretty much all for the worse. I remember when you could drive down Potranco in the daytime and be the only person on the road. There was just a couple stoplights at 1604/Culebra and we were literally on the edge of civilization. There were a couple houses back there, but it was pretty much 99.9% trees. Now I'm virtually a prisoner in the neighborhood because going out to dinner or shopping isn't worth the traffic frustration. I'll stop there because it gets even more ugly and personal against people from certain places..

Old 03-31-2009, 05:34 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
Quote:
I work full time and go to school full time and that kinda increases the stress level.
and you have to admit this city (and our area) is not like it used to be and it's pretty much all for the worse. I remember when you could drive down Potranco in the daytime and be the only person on the road. There was just a couple stoplights at 1604/Culebra and we were literally on the edge of civilization. There were a couple houses back there, but it was pretty much 99.9% trees. Now I'm virtually a prisoner in the neighborhood because going out to dinner or shopping isn't worth the traffic frustration. I'll stop there because it gets even more ugly and personal against people from certain places..

wooooosssaaaaaa woooosaaaaaa let the little things go my friend

Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
I've been here less than 2 years...so I'm not familiar with the history of our area. I'm out of town/country virtually 80% of the time anyway...so I don't poke around too much. Maybe if I was around all of the time...I would see more of the stupidity that you speak of. My wife travels frequently as well...neighbors always say "you guys are never home!"..

Old 03-31-2009, 06:12 PM

it would definitely be easier to live here if you lived somewhere else most of the time..

next place I move is going to be small, have real winters, and will be anti-growth. Maybe I'll start my own cult where members are trained to shoot anyone from nevada, florida, california, and arizona on sight.. and I'm not talking about the ones that recently escaped from those places, I'm talking about the ones that lived there until they destroyed the state and then looked for another place to destroy. they know who they are..

Old 03-31-2009, 10:19 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Quote:
next place I move is going to be small, have real winters, and will be anti-growth.
I hear over yonder, just 45min's drive away, there's small town America. To read the papers and to listen to the news... one would think the country is in terrible trouble. You do not get that impression when you travel the back roads and the small towns do care about their country and wish it well.

How about giving them a drive soon? Some of my pics:

Some white stuff for you in Johnson City:

African American Cowboy riding in Kerrville area:

Go explore!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
This just breaks my heart - I have to stop reading the news so much. Man decapitates 5-year-old sister in front of officer - CNN.com

I am so, so saddened by this...

Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 AM

The news these days doesn't help my attitude much, that's for sure. I'll be surprised if we make it to 2012..

anyhow, life can be good. This morning was almost perfect with the nice cool weather, driving all the way to work without having to stop or even slow down except for a couple of turns, great music on Sirius including Don't Change by INXS; I haven't heard that one in forever. If only it could always be like that, but it won't unfortunately.
Those are some really nice pics Nick. I should probably escape to the rural areas more often.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
I guess, as a parent, I've become more sensitive to crimes like that. I can't imagine ever hurting my kids - just the thought of them getting hurt really bothers me. You can bet that I'd be one of those dads that would jump the table in a courthouse...

Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 AM

yeah, the taxpayers wouldn't have to worry about paying for a trial or jail time if that happened to one of my kids. The trial would be private and quick..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio