Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times

Advertisements

OMGOSH!! Did ALL of these ads air on the SB???? That's a LOT!!!

MediaCurves.Com - A Service of HCD Research Inc.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I am not familiar with FOTF's practices, but I do know that certain Christian organizations DO speak out loudly and clearly on what they deem to be 'immoral'......as their faith commands them to do. Not all Christians agree with their tactics, just as not all Muslims blow up buildings.

The commercial was nice and I didn't see any negativity, nor why any negativity surrounded it. She didn't abort her child and she's very thankful. I'm sure there are thousands of other mothers out there in her shoes, and many more that regret the choices they made. If they're offended, I don't see how Mrs. Tebow is to blame for that.
Well, I need to apologize. Because I don't follow football at all, I had no idea who Tim Tebow is. Didn't know his story, certainly didn't know about his mother's story either. Because of my ignorance to the issue (I should have watched "The Tebow Story" before I posted, because I wrongly assumed from the short commercial that his story was one of a preemie baby or something of that nature) I included the reference to Planned Parenthood. It was strictly meant as an "opposing viewpoint" type organization, not at all a dig on the family. But I now see how it quite offensive, and I do whole heartedly apologize for that.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Well, I need to apologize. Because I don't follow football at all, I had no idea who Tim Tebow is. Didn't know his story, certainly didn't know about his mother's story either. Because of my ignorance to the issue (I should have watched "The Tebow Story" before I posted, because I wrongly assumed from the short commercial that his story was one of a preemie baby or something of that nature) I included the reference to Planned Parenthood. It was strictly meant as an "opposing viewpoint" type organization, not at all a dig on the family. But I now see how it quite offensive, and I do whole heartedly apologize for that.
What? Why? No apology needed for me, if you are voicing it to me. I know Christian organizations can be extremely off-putting (and I'm a Christian, so flame away)....it was just a nice commercial that apparently pissed people off. Why I don't know.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
What? Why? No apology needed for me, if you are voicing it to me. I know Christian organizations can be extremely off-putting (and I'm a Christian, so flame away)....it was just a nice commercial that apparently pissed people off. Why I don't know.
Yes and no. Your words just really struck a chord with me and I realized how "off" my comments were. It's a really sensitive issue for me, and one that I actually agree with FOTF about. So the thought of my comments basically dissing on someone who went thru what Mrs. Tebow went thru made me . Didn't mean it that way, but it sure came across offensive. So, to ANYONE that my comments offended, I wanted to apologize.

From now on, this is me -->

Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 PM

I know it's a very sensitive subject, but she chose life and she's (and he's!) very grateful. I honestly don't see how anyone can take issue with that, but this is you and me.

But, how will we get the straw through that tape to get the JnC's down? We're women! that's how!

We've done much worse!!

Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM

ROFLOL!!! (On my way to Don & Ben's for that Jack, now!!!)

<<<hugs!>>>

(and here's to MORE worse things!! heh, maybe not. )

Old 02-08-2010, 03:23 PM

Um, yeah. We're in our 40's. We've got worse things coming.

But then the kids move out, we don't have to work as hard, if we want Twinkies for dinner, that's what we'll have, and we really "don't care what he's thinking about" anymore, do we? God bless Andy Rooney!

I, for one, am looking forward to the worse things!!

Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM

147 posts, read 309,984 times
You two crack me up!

Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
The great thing about getting old is that your investment in health insurance is finally going to pay off!!

OH and in a hostage situation you are more than likely to be released first...lol.

Alright ladies, you're only in your 40s. Still got the world as your oyster (which is an old saying).

Once you get into the late 70s-80s, it's time to start picking a tombstone. I saw one online the other day with an ipod outlet. Unbelievable. NO, I don't know why I was looking...

Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Yes, and during some hostage situations, we may not wanna be released.

Getting old is great! Built-in excuses for damn near everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio