Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 03:43 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times

Advertisements

I did say sorry, but wanted to ask her what she thought running out in front of the ball was going to accomplish? blocks are ok, but they have to be planned and it's usually never a good idea to throw your body into it. Same goes for raquetball.. one guy I played with learned the hard way that you never turn around to see what is taking so long. The safety classes went into the area between his eyes so hard that he had to get stitches

Old 04-28-2009, 04:00 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Live baseball is amazingly fun to watch. On tv? Not so much.
I like baseball both live and on tv.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:27 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,714,689 times
Quote:
Then I guess it's back to watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN for you

Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
I think it's very prudent to be proactive on this thing then sit back and see how many people become infected. I do believe the media does spread fear more than it needs to.

Do y'all know that the influenza outbreak back in 1918 killed more people than WWI did? A flu outbreak is taken seriously with CDC in Atlanta and rightfully so. The fact that the government is releasing their stockpiles of tamiflu signifies a serious problem, even though it isn't quite at pandemic levels.

I for one am glad that the government is being proactive on this!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
This might sound far out, but I beleive the people that are gettting the flu right now, are the ones who are most assured of surviving if the flu becomes stronger and if the whole country gets it and people swamp the hospitals because they are elderly or weak and there will be no space or time for doctors to give everyone medecine. If they get it now, they will be immune to a stronger strain a few weeks down the road and they can easily get medical treatment without any hassle.
The experts say taht the reason the 20-40 otherwise healthy are dying from the flu is that their immune system is over whelmed just as in otyher past instnaces. In fact teh symthoms in cases in teh US at this time seem pretty mild and they don't know why.It does not mean that if the vius comes agin in the fall like has been the case before that they will not get it again like in other cases of the flu.Persoanlly;I don't know jst what the experts have been discussing that I heard.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:38 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,458,823 times
Can I buy a vowel???

Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 PM

707 posts, read 1,846,241 times
Quote:
That is 100% how I feel.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The experts say taht the reason the 20-40 otherwise healthy are dying from the flu is that their immune system is over whelmed just as in otyher past instnaces. In fact teh symthoms in cases in teh US at this time seem pretty mild and they don't know why.It does not mean that if the vius comes agin in the fall like has been the case before that they will not get it again like in other cases of the flu.Persoanlly;I don't know jst what the experts have been discussing that I heard.
I'm sorry but..... what?????

Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I think it's very prudent to be proactive on this thing then sit back and see how many people become infected. I do believe the media does spread fear more than it needs to.

Do y'all know that the influenza outbreak back in 1918 killed more people than WWI did? A flu outbreak is taken seriously with CDC in Atlanta and rightfully so. The fact that the government is releasing their stockpiles of tamiflu signifies a serious problem, even though it isn't quite at pandemic levels.

I for one am glad that the government is being proactive on this!
you honestly cannot compare anything from 91 years ago with today.. unless you're talking a recipe or something like that. We are SO much more advanced today than we were 9 years ago and it grows exponentially with every passing year. the only exceptions to that are certain people in certain areas of the world with certain beliefs.
the news today had me wishing they would test out something stupid, just to see how many people believed it. You could basically get at least half of all people to do anything right now and that is a freaking shame.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:44 PM

116 posts, read 353,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Swine Flu? Ah, you mean Bird Flu, Ver 2.0?

Gotta love the news media: If there's death to be had, they're on top of it, keeping people in fear and exaggerating the truth.

I don't buy into fear-mongering. Email me when most of SA starts dropping dead. Not gonna happen.

BN
I agree. They did the same with MRSA that hit several schools throughout the US and now it's not on the media radar. We should be proactive yes, but let's not panic. BTW, as I was picking my son up at school today I hear a woman yell to one of her friends "I had to get tested for the swine flu hahahah."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio