Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 05:22 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times

Advertisements

A girl that I work with at WHMC states that she has been told that a guy that lives at the end of her cul-de-sac over near Randolph has tested positive.

She does not socialize with them, just knows who they are (down the street a bit), but vocalized concern because evidently they use the same buses to take her kids to their school. Kiddos out of school this week of course.

Last edited by Paka; 04-29-2009 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 05:37 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotamidnight View Post
Okay, my daughter has been sick for the last week until last night, when her fever broke & she was just fine today. I'm 95% sure she probably had swine flu since she had the massive headaches that were described with the initial case in the little boy in Mexico, fussy, and low fever.

We treated with no meds except for the occasional Tylenol for comfort, lots of apple juice, rest and love. She did see her pediatrician on Friday who simply said "I don't know what this is - it's not a UTI & not strep - bring her back next week if she's still sick". Yeah I know - we're trying to find a new pediatrician.

Is there a way to test for titers to the swine flu AFTER having had it? I'd like to document this if she did have it so that we can avoid the vax they are currently working on that is supposed to be out in 4 months.
I'd call the ped that you saw on Fri and have them test her for it. Perhaps they still have the sample they used to test for strep? I dunno...I'm no doc. There's a toll free number that KSAT advertised: 888-777-5320
but I'm sure it's gonna be a very busy number!
Glad your little one is better, but I'm with you...I'd try to get her tested.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 PM

175 posts, read 304,019 times
This is getting very serious, folks. I ran into an old friend who works at USAA who said that one of her co-workers became violently ill and he's also confirmed positive.

Does anyone know how easily this spreads? Is it easier or harder to get than actual flu?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:18 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post
This is getting very serious, folks. I ran into an old friend who works at USAA who said that one of her co-workers became violently ill and he's also confirmed positive.

Does anyone know how easily this spreads? Is it easier or harder to get than actual flu?
I don't think it's spread to Austin..yet. Austin is a far superior city. No pig flu there...maybe time to bug out.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post

Time to do some reading...

PandemicFlu.gov

Old 04-29-2009, 06:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I don't think it's spread to Austin..yet. Austin is a far superior city. No pig flu there...maybe time to bug out.
The pig has arrived to Austin now....
News 8 Austin | 24 Hour Local News | LOCAL NEWS (http://www.news8austin.com/content/your_news/default.asp?ArID=239206 - broken link)

Old 04-29-2009, 06:56 PM

175 posts, read 304,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I still live in San Antonio. Oh, and you're right about Austin.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
A girl that I work with at WHMC states that she has been told that a guy that lives at the end of her cul-de-sac over near Randolph has tested positive.

She does not socialize with them, just knows who they are (down the street a bit), but vocalized concern because evidently they use the same buses to take her kids to their school. Kiddos out of school this week of course.
Paka....could this person be part of the Schertz/Cibolo/Universal City count?

Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Could we please stay on topic? Thanks.

Oddly enough, I just got the following email from the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau...

Quote:
San Antonio city leaders want to reassure potential travelers to the city that there are no reported incidences of swine flu in San Antonio at this time. We are working closely with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Texas Department of State Health Services and the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District to monitor the situation closely and keep the public informed.

All city businesses, including hotels, restaurants and attractions, are operating at full capacity with no restrictions. The city's major theme parks, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and SeaWorld San Antonio, are fully operational, as are all parks and outdoor gathering areas, including the River Walk. There are no school closures nor any cancelled events.

The city of San Antonio will take all needed steps to keep potential travelers to the city well informed of any and all changes in the situation.

For the most up-to-date information about San Antonio's status with regard to the swine flu, please call (888) 777-5320 or check these online links (http://visitsanantonio.com/swine-flu-update/index.aspx - broken link).
Errr...I guess technically the Schertz/Cibolo/Universal City area is not San Antonio...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
This is the official count from the Texas Department of State Health Services...

Quote:
DSHS has reported 16 confirmed human cases of swine influenza this year in Texas, including a child from Mexico City who died earlier this week in a Houston-area hospital. See news release.

The other 15 cases are from the following counties: Cameron (1), Dallas (3), Fort Bend (1), Guadalupe (8) and Starr (2). (Source)
So none in Bexar county...

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio