Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 PM

570 posts, read 1,286,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Please let me suggest you visit the following webpage before hiring a Contractor.
www.tdlr.state.tx.us
On the top right click on A/C Refrigeration Contractors. You can the check for ones in Bexar and surrounding counties to insure that they are licensed and to see complaints / fines / enforcement
I went to that Link,.... didn't see A/C Refrigeration Contractors on the top right?
When I scrolled down, I did see a Link on the right side under Building and Mechanical that said Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, so I clicked on it but didn't see any Links to check for ones in Bexar and surrounding counties....?

I posted my problem on another thread because I didn't see this one.
Sorry

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
LastStraw- When your on the link look for the white box that reads "Find Texas License Information" clickthe first listing you see will be for A/C Refigeration Contractors

I suggest you also look under 'On Line Services" then click on "Search Violations by License Type". You can find out who's cheated customers,etc.

* You will see Will Fix It listed there. I have NEVER heard anything good about that company. Poor Work and HIGH Prices.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 PM

ahhh... I see it now !
Thanks wellguy...
I'm gonna read it tomorrow..
Got to catch some Zzzzzs for now....

Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM

After clicking on A/C Refrigeration Contractors Link
I saw, on the right side column Online Services
Under that it has the following listed:
Report Violations or File Complaits Online
Renew Your ACR Contractor or Technician
License Online
Duplicate Receipt of Online REnewal
Search Licensees by License Type
Public Meetings and Audio Files
Legislative Information
Updates by e-mail

Do not see Search Violations by License Type ?

Old 05-17-2009, 11:28 AM

Oops... Never mind. I found it another way....

Thanks

Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,325 times
We Called out 5 local companies to bid on our replacement air condiioning. The First Company I called was Sears. We have purchased alot of things from them over the years and we have a Sears Card so we figured we would call them first. The salesman was very slimy and I made it perfectly clear to him that we were getting at least three estimates on the project, but he tried to close us hard and we ruled him out becuase of this. The second company was The Home Depot. Well it turns out that they sub out there work to diferent contractors. The Contractor that came to my home was not very proffesional so we really didnt feel comfortable with him. The third company was Jon Wayne A/C. Their representative did a very thourough job. He did an evaluation and set up a second visit for the presentation. In the mean time I called a refferal from my neighbor who claims this guy saved him thousands. I called him three differnet time and was never able to get a hold of him. Neither was my neighbor whos system actually went down after he reffered him. That pretty much took care of that choice because I wasnt going to go with some one who dosent stand behind their work. I finally called out Aramendia. They came out and gave me a quote in 15 minutes. Even thogh it was a little bit cheaper I went wtih Jon Wayne because when Jonny came back on the second visit He showed me the analysis he did on the house and a customzed solution to my problems. I am very very satisfied with the system It is a Bryant Evolution 2 stage furnace and variable speed compressor. It is very quiet and qualifies for the $1500 Tax Credit. I spent a total of 12 hours calling companies and getting estimates an highly recomend this company. Hopefuly you will see for yourself that they are realy good and you can save yourself some time. The installer crews are very respecful and courteos. I cant say enough about my experience. Hop this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio