Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:41 PM

39 posts, read 107,344 times

Advertisements

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/get (broken link) all your latest spurs and basketball news here...good site and gets addicting like this one at times. Bringing Shaq to the Spurs is like bringing the Mailman to SA. And we almost did that. I wouldnt know weather to boo or cheer him. Check that I would boo his ass. We need to get younger and stronger. Time to brong one of our overseas prospects out and not trade them away for nothing like we did Scola.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 05:45 PM

118 posts, read 372,764 times
I am a die hard female Spurs fan living in New Jersey. Very upset that the Spurs got out in the first round to many players got injured. Hope that next season the Spurs will be number 1 once more.
Shaq will never go to the Spurs, I agree it would be very interesting seeing a Shaq, Duncan, Parker, Manu lineup if this would be possible.
GO SPURS GO.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:00 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,840,568 times
Spurs need to do something this off season to shake things up. That would be an interesting mix, but Shaq hated SA for many years. And we would really need to give up a valuable player to get him probably.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vankai View Post
Hedo was an integral part of the Sacramento Kings success before he came to the Spurs, which is one of the reasons they brought him here.

When you join the Spurs, and your name is not Tony, Manu or Tim, you become a role player.

Hedo knew that he could once again be a go-to player if he left San Antonio.

My .02
Not true at all. Hedo was a promising talent playing in the shadow of Peja. Hedo was inconsistent and had a rep of no showing in the playoffs and showing up at the beginning of every season out of shape. He showed flashes of being a really good player but he wasn't an integral part of the Kings.

When the Spurs made the three team trade and basically got him and Ron Mercer for expiring contracts it looked like a good deal. However, midway through the season Ron Mercer was waived and in the end Hedo had a so-so regular season but was invisible in the playoffs which helped lead to a second round exit.

Hedo now is NOT the Hedo of then with the Spurs or Magic. He barely broke out two seasons ago.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:48 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted1ce View Post
Actually it was Hedo who didn't want to return, the Spurs were intending to match the offer from Orlando. He told his agent to advise the Spurs not to match the offer from Orlando as he didn't want to play here.
Not true at all. The Spurs wanted to resign him but for the right amount. Orlando exceeded that amount so the Spurs didn't match because for his talent (at the time) it was a deal that over paid him and the Spurs weren't looking to go into the lux tax threshold.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 PM

30 posts, read 82,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
How did the Spurs ever give up the stud Hedo Turkgulu

We won two titles post-Hedo...it's all good

Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXSA View Post
We won two titles post-Hedo...it's all good
Yes, agreed. It isn't as if the franchise came tumbling down because they didn't resign Turkoglu. He's a much better player now and I say more power to him. I only wish Hedo and Orlando could defeat the hated Lakers though.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:39 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Yes, agreed. It isn't as if the franchise came tumbling down because they didn't resign Turkoglu. He's a much better player now and I say more power to him. I only wish Hedo and Orlando could defeat the hated Lakers though.

why do people hate teams that win?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:24 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
why do people hate teams that win?
It's more the team that beats the Spurs that they hate. Do you remember .04?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM

64 posts, read 179,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
Not true at all. Hedo was a promising talent playing in the shadow of Peja. Hedo was inconsistent and had a rep of no showing in the playoffs and showing up at the beginning of every season out of shape. He showed flashes of being a really good player but he wasn't an integral part of the Kings.

When the Spurs made the three team trade and basically got him and Ron Mercer for expiring contracts it looked like a good deal. However, midway through the season Ron Mercer was waived and in the end Hedo had a so-so regular season but was invisible in the playoffs which helped lead to a second round exit.

Hedo now is NOT the Hedo of then with the Spurs or Magic. He barely broke out two seasons ago.
Agreed on the 'not a go-to scorer' with the Kings (not Magic).

Disagree on integral, as every player who contributes on a Team is an integral part of the success, even if a role player.

I remember Hedo having great playoff games when he was with the Kings, which is why I was excited when he did come to the Spurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio