Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:55 PM

18,153 posts, read 25,377,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
San Antonio: Worst. Drivers. Ever.
That should be in all caps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,691,369 times
Well, people should not be so fat to the point where they look pregnant. On top of that, a few seasons ago these "drapey, seaming below the bust" blouses were in style. When a woman with a huge gut wears one of those - well ya look pregnant!

My husband and I were watching a college football game in the stands and my husband was wearing a very large and ornate college football ring. Take the ring, the fact he was at a football game and his body build - well the guy behind us in the stands asked which NFL team my hubby had played for and as he asked he pointed at the ring. Well duh...makes sense to ask right?

Anyway, as for asking for your height, perhaps you would not get that question in a more metropolitian city where people are hustling and bustling around and have places to be - I guess some San Antonians have more time on their hands and less tact.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 PM

452 posts, read 1,029,815 times
Well, cr1039, the fact of the matter is that SOME people are "so fat they look pregnant", so what are you saying? That it's okay to be rude to someone because they're overweight? That's stupid. Besides, perhaps a medical condition causes an enlarged abdomen, not fat. Think about it.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:34 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,014,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
San Antonio: Worst. Drivers. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
That should be in all caps
You two need to get out more!!!

Have you been to Phoenix or Los Angeles?

What about Jacksonville?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:38 PM

Isn't being "expecting" wonderful thing for most women?

If you are walking around with a big belly and a maternity style shirt - well you are fair game to be asked a question like "have ya painted the nursery blue or pink"

My story about my husband shows a similar situation. He was wearing a large college football ring, but with his athletic build and such someone saw the ring, saw his build and "assumed" NFL. He was not offended as playing for the NFL would have rocked.

In all fairness - yes - on some level I am sure it is rude to ask someone when they are due...so women with guts out there - dont wear maternity wear.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:41 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
If you are walking around with a big belly and a maternity style shirt - well you are fair game to be asked a question like "have ya painted the nursery blue or pink"
No, it's not "fair game" to be asked such a personal question by a complete stranger. EVER. If you are so shallow as to think that everyone should be a size 2, I feel for you. Seriously.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:41 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,628,361 times
Quote:
Isn't being "expecting" wonderful thing for most women?

My story about my husband shows a similar situation. He was wearing a large college football ring, but with his athletic build and such someone saw the ring, saw his build and "assumed" NFL. He was not offended as playing for the NFL would have rocked.

In all fairness - yes - on some level I am sure it is rude to ask someone when they are due...so women with guts out there - dont wear maternity wear.
I can't even BEGIN to address this post. You seem to be a very rude person. Why would you ask a total stranger when they were due if you weren't sure they were pregnant?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,308,352 times
Quote:

...so women with guts out there - dont wear maternity wear.
EEEee but thats all that fits now!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No, it's not "fair game" to be asked such a personal question by a complete stranger. EVER. If you are so shallow as to think that everyone should be a size 2, I feel for you. Seriously.

So you consider an idea size for a woman to be a size 2?

Do you think that all women can and should be the same size?

Is size 2 the only size a woman can be, what - like a size 4 woman looks pregnant?

Who is shallow?

Do Salma Hayek, Beyonce, Cathrine Zeta, Scarlett Johanson all look like pigs to you?

They don't to me AND they certainly don't look like a size 2 NOR pregnant.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,092,238 times
Quote:
So you consider an idea size for a woman to be a size 2?

Do you think that all women can and should be the same size?

Is size 2 the only size a woman can be, what - like a size 4 woman looks pregnant?

Who is shallow?

Do Salma Hayek, Beyonce, Cathrine Zeta, Scarlett Johanson all look like pigs to you?

They don't to me AND they certainly don't look like a size 2 NOR pregnant.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio