Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 AM

124 posts, read 253,166 times

Advertisements

Help:

Went to this bar /restaurant called Soleil last week and the ladies there were really throwing salsa shapes. Phew!

Help! I need to learn to salsa dance and fast, Any recommendations for private lessons?

Best I can do now is Air Guitar - so I really need help.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonga View Post
Help:

Went to this bar /restaurant called Soleil last week and the ladies there were really throwing salsa shapes. Phew!

Help! I need to learn to salsa dance and fast, Any recommendations for private lessons?

Best I can do now is Air Guitar - so I really need help.

Thanks
Based on the number of replies it looks like I'll have to stick with my Stairway to Heaven dance routine.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Ack! No Stairway to Heaven, please!!!

That takes me back to 8th grade and it was always the last song of the night. It sucked though, because it started out slow and ended up crazy. Not fun at all.

StudioOne - DanceSport, Ballroom, Salsa & more (http://www.studioonesa.com/home.htm - broken link)

Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Ack! No Stairway to Heaven, please!!!

That takes me back to 8th grade and it was always the last song of the night. It sucked though, because it started out slow and ended up crazy. Not fun at all.

StudioOne - DanceSport, Ballroom, Salsa & more (http://www.studioonesa.com/home.htm - broken link)

I'm there -- thanks. I'll let you know if I can kick the Stairway habit!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM

3 posts, read 14,100 times
Azuca is the place.
salsa dance classes every Saturday. Live salsa music Friday & Saturday
no cover charge

Azuca is located
713S. Alamo st

Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM

3 posts, read 14,100 times
Let me write this info again

Azuca is the place...
Salsa dance classes every Saturday
Live music Friday & Saturday
and no cover charge
Azuca is located
713S. Alamo st

Remenor

Old 10-27-2009, 09:31 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
I'm gonna try to teach through the internet

Sorry, I had to get up and dance a little so I can explain it
The absolutely easiest way to dance salsa is like this:
- Go to a place with 1sq ft tiles.
- Stand straight with each foot on 1 tile.
- Find some good salsa music on Youtube that "will take over your body" and make you want to dance.
- Now, all you are gonna do is pretty much a couple of steps to your right until you are standing straight on both feet again and then go back (try to move your hands as if you are playing maracas or bongo) you are going to move your feet like this (starting with your right foot moving to your right):
Right, Left, Right, Left = at that point you should be standing on the tiles next to the ones where you started.
Now go back = Left, Right, Left, Right.

You are not going to look like a pro, but if you get that really good, it'll be easier to move to the more difficult stuff.

I'll go ahead and hook you up with a few good salsa songs to practice with:
- Joe Arroyo - En Barranquilla me quedo
- Frankie Ruiz - Tu me vuelves loco
- Oscar D' Leon - Yo quisiera
- Maelo Ruiz - Si supieras
- Luis Enrique - Yo no se mañana
If you want more, just let me know

Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,626,870 times
Smile Salsa

Azuca is the best place to go if you are looking for free Salsa lessons. I took lessons at Arthur Murray, the instructors were awesome. Not only do they teach Salsa, but other popular Latin dances.

Arthur Murray

Dopo gave good choices for Salsa music. Some of my favorites are the fast paced - Marc Anthony and Frankie Negron.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:43 PM

73 posts, read 190,803 times
Incarnate Word holds dance lessons every Friday night. No contracts, just pay as you go. Used to be $3.00 a night but have not been lately. They get quite a large crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio