Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 04:02 PM

74 posts, read 252,304 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Champion Springs in Stone Oak and unfortunately we do not have a pool in our subdivision. Where can I take my kids swimming? I did take them to LB Johnson pool the other day, which was fine, but is there anything closer? Any splash pads? I did see a pool called SOCOMA but I think you need to be a member???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 06:19 PM

188 posts, read 616,042 times
I ran into the same problem when we moved here. We ended up joining a health club since we were so used to the Rec Centers in our old state. We went with LifeTime Fitness, which is pretty pricey, but does have great facilities for your family (indoor/outdoor pool, water slides, climbing wall, etc.).

Another cheaper option near you is Spectrum Athletic Club - but I think they only have an outdoor pool and no slides or anything.

There is always Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas water parks, and Schlitterbahn, and Splashtown - but that's a bit more than just taking the kids to swim and pretty far away/pricey, I realize...

Also - I think some neighborhood pools sell memberships but I don't know if they sell them to just anyone or if you have to be in a neighborhood near them. I think one of the Encino Park subdivisions sells them... you could call around.

Beyond that - as far as public pools in this area - I just don't know but I'm sure someone on here will! Welcome to the area!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 PM

Thank you! I will look into the neighborhood pools that sell memberships

Old 07-23-2009, 08:51 PM

172 posts, read 468,599 times
I'm in the same boat. I just moved into the Champion Springs area and looking forward to the answers.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM

80 posts, read 288,678 times
We just moved here and were looking everywhere for a place to take the kids swimming. We had rec center indoor and outdoor pools all over town in CO. Here-not so much. We finally broke down and joined a health club, too, mostly for the pool. We joined Triton Sports Club. Not sure how it ranks in price with others.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 AM

247 posts, read 843,820 times
There are two pools that the schools use that are also open to the public during certain times and days. We used the NISD Natatorium when our community pool was closed for renovations.They have lifeguards, it's clean, cool (indoors) the only bad part is no shallow area for little ones. It goes from 4ft to 7ft. It's $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for kids. I brought my own butterfly chair because I hate sitting in the bleachers.
Here is the website NISD's pools:San Antonio - Northside ISD Aquatics

and NEISD uses the Josh Davis Natatorium. NEISD Athletics -- Scores, Schedules, Teams and More! (http://teacher.neisd.net/sports/pub/facilities.cfm - broken link)

Old 07-24-2009, 09:56 AM

271 posts, read 987,837 times
I'm not aware of any communities in Stone Oak that sell memberships, but I do know of one nearby. Shadow Cliff is a swim club off of Thousand Oaks & Henderson Pass. They are not too far away. I know they offer summer memberships as well as swim team opportunities. You can do a Google search and find more info.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM

I did check with an HOA in Stone Oak and he said he did not know of any associations that sell memberships. Bummer. I guess I will have to join a club.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
Someone told me a while back that Churchill Estates, off of Blanco at Churchill Estates Blvd., sells pool memberships to non-residents. I don't know anyone who has one and I've never investigated how much they charge.

Churchill Estates 78248 - Google Maps

Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,553,881 times
I know you have spoken to a few, but here is a list of Stone Oak HOA's and their info: Neighborhoods (http://stoneoakpoa.com/neighborhoods.htm - broken link)

You might also try the Stone Oak HOA itself: 490-9481. Let us know what you find!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio