Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:49 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,618,395 times

Advertisements

I had no idea that SAPD had a gang unit but I remember SAPD used to have an information fair at the Freeman - which I don't think they do anymore? - and they would exhibit gang stuff and show us what it meant, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:20 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,588,373 times
The Gang unit is great and dont forget DARE. Not sure what school the child goes to but contact the administration and see if they would request DARE on their campus.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:55 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,618,395 times
I thought DARE was cut by budget problems?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
I thought DARE was cut by budget problems?
They are not showing one for San Antonio on their web site...

D.A.R.E.

But Bexar County has one...

Bexar Country DARE program

Cheers! M2

Old 07-29-2009, 09:58 PM

530 posts, read 2,037,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omeyocan View Post
I saw the following written on a note: "The King 6 LOU (followed by a 5 point star). the kid always wears red. It seems there are symbols and identifiers related to both the Folk and the People Nations.

# 6 = Folk Nation
King = People Nation
5 Point Start = People Nation
Wears Red = People Nation

Can anybody identify the affiliation?
5 points = People Nation = affiliated w/ Bloods. Latin Kings are 5-point crown. Latin Kings are affiliated with People Nation/Bloods.

I'm just guessing. Maybe 6 LOU has something to do with a local group.

Kids in gangs generally are good, but get sucked up into it because they don't see any other way to live. They are poor and feel like it gives them power and maybe even money and nothing else will. You can't fault their motives, but you have to help them see that the underlying presumptions are wrong... Yes, they can finish school, go to college, get a good job and never set foot in the old neighborhood again. Yes, they can have nice things that they work hard for and not be scared or feel like running when they see the cops. It's hard to convince them, but it's not impossible.

If a parent observes this pattern going on, they'd be advised to step in before their kid ends up in prison, or worse, a body bag. Best case, they get in trouble in school, get a few tattoos that they'll regret and get sent to juvee once or twice. Most don't end up being "best case."

Old 07-30-2009, 08:32 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Check here: Gang Information from SAPD, more specifically here: SAPD Gang Awareness Handbook.

And if you can't find the info, DM me as where I work we have contacts with state law enforcement intelligence agencies...

Cheers! M2
DM'd

Old 07-30-2009, 10:18 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
DM'd
Replied...

Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
This seemed like the most important information on that website:

Quote:
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GANGS, GRAFFITI, AND OTHER JUVENILE CRIME ISSUES, PLEASE CONTACT THE SAFFE OFFICERS AT YOUR LOCAL SUBSTATION. We have deliberatly avoided providing more details concerning graffiti symbols, names of gangs active in San Antonio, gang activities, and so on in this web page as we do not want to provide gang members with any publicity.
Calling the gang unit would seem like the most logical contact to get information.

Quote:
CONTACT THE GANG UNIT:

By PHONE: 207-7155 (Gang Hotline)

Old 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,178,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
I had no idea that SAPD had a gang unit but I remember SAPD used to have an information fair at the Freeman - which I don't think they do anymore? - and they would exhibit gang stuff and show us what it meant, etc.
BCSO used to have a gang unit as well, but it was dissolved a few years ago.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,105 times
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]latin king and queen nation. they mix red in their colors.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio