Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,244,975 times

Advertisements

hello, don't be fooled by the current radar trends. It looks like the action is slowing down but will develop tonight for sure, looking like we will get the worst of the weather around midnight or shortly after. Reason being is that our atmosphere is still incredibly unstable and in a nut shell, it needs to stable itself out. It will do so in the form of strong storms. There is a squall line forming to our west -- that should effect our area tonight. Stay tuned to local media throughout the entire night should it get dangerous still.

Just a side note, there is a confirmed tornado in Eagle Pass and Baseball size hail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 09:01 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,599,075 times
6 dead in Eagle Pass due to storms - according to KSAT

Old 04-25-2007, 07:19 AM

634 posts, read 2,922,474 times
^^ And three dead across the border in Piedras Negras.

Sad, But I love sever storms and can't wait to get my ass down to San Antonio. I'm getting tired of this misty English showers!! I want some action, with lightning, hail, intense winds!!!! Nice

Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Well, we certainly had a lot of action last night. I couldn't sleep because of the constant lightning flashes. It's funny that you can't wait to get here ... and I can't wait to get the heck outta here! LOL

Old 04-25-2007, 09:32 AM

925 posts, read 1,227,551 times
Wow was it windy last night. Did a storm roll through?

Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,051 times
We were just praying that we wouldn't get any hail. We just redid our lower roof last week...our bank account would not have been happy if we'd had to do it all again!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:49 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Re: TXRose ...The weather is great here, despite the 100+ degree Augusts.
And this is the wettest spring we've had for years. Please forgive us if we are excited to get some good rain before the summer drought hits, so that we hopefully won't have to be on Stage 2 water restrictions this year. But I'm sure you know all about water restrictions, coming from California and all. At least we don't have rolling blackouts.

As to the rolling blackouts...hold on to your hat...it's coming!! Isn't it funny how we seem to follow California in just about everything? Sometimes slower than other times, but in the end we still copycat them.
We had rolling black outs last year because a big section of the power grid was down for scheduled maintenance and then San Antonio had 100 degree days in April (when does that ever happen?). Texas has one of the best power grids in the nation. I seriously doubt we will have power issues like California for decades.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:02 PM

58 posts, read 189,580 times
My fiance was by the window talking to the storm. He was like, "is that all you got? I want more!" It was a fun night...drinking wine by the window watching the storm! We thought it was such a movie moment if we went outside in the street and started screaming with all the thunder. I told him he should go chip golf balls on the grass with his golf club. The neighbors would have thought we were crazy...hahahahaha

Old 04-25-2007, 12:16 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraaa17 View Post
My fiance was by the window talking to the storm. He was like, "is that all you got? I want more!" It was a fun night...drinking wine by the window watching the storm! We thought it was such a movie moment if we went outside in the street and started screaming with all the thunder. I told him he should go chip golf balls on the grass with his golf club. The neighbors would have thought we were crazy...hahahahaha
LOL!!!! That would've been a sight to see!! I was so bummed that I was too exhausted to stay up for it!! I crashed around 11:00, just as we were starting to hear some of the thunder. When we lived out near Poteet, it was so much fun watching storms. We were in the middle of nowhere, so our line of sight was great. That's the one thing I miss about living in the country.

And today is absolutely gorgeous, isn't it??!! What a beautiful reward for an exciting night!! (Now if I could just hurry these kids up with their schoolwork, so we could go enjoy the day!! )

Old 04-25-2007, 09:45 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraaa17 View Post
By chance, is your husband Captain Dan (Forest Gump)? BTW, lightening loves golfers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio