Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 01:44 AM

58 posts, read 189,601 times

Advertisements

So I need some help figuring out what Fiesta is and where to go. Tonight we thought we would go to our first event for Fiesta and I picked the Marketplace on Commerce. I read there would be music and food and it sounded like a good event. Well...it didn't go so well. All I can say is that I did not want to get out of my car. So is this what Fiesta is? Any suggestion on where to go for an event for Fiesta would help out a lot. My fiance thinks they will all be like that but I'm sure the one that was at St. Mary's was probably in a better area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 01:54 AM

89 posts, read 353,552 times
The oyster bake at saint marys is a young crowd but is already over. It's on the univ grounds itself so thats not bad. Its just the univ is surrounded by a bad area.

Try NIOSA..the carnival area/marketplace is kinda rowdy. NIOSA is to but its a different crowd somewhat. Also for the best environments try the parades.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:01 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
You also missed Alamo Heights night, probably one of the mildest events out there. King William Fair is great and next saturday. Another AH event is the pooch parade and is also on Saturday.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:23 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,416 times
Why didn't you want to get out of your car? Because it looked unsafe? I have to say that i think Fiesta is one of the safest events in San Antonio. Everyone is in a good mood. The most that ever happens is a bar fight situation because people tend to drink a lot. In general, it's kinda a "everyone in San Antonio loves each other" type environment.

That said, I don't go to Fiesta because I hate big crowds.

The King William Fair is next weekend. I've always heard that it's a nice, family event. It used to be free, but now I think they charge $2 or $3 for admission.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,246,257 times
if you go to www.fiesta-sa.org there is a schedule of all the events the entire week.
Big things tonight:
Cornyation starts tonight which is a drag show which pokes political fun..
NIOSA also starts tonight, but keep an eye to the sky if you do decide to go to that because the weather might get a little rough.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,535 times
Say away from the carnival after sunset.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,812 times
Oyster Bake was $15/person to get in, unless you are there with a big group or to get hammered, not worth it ... also everything needs to be purchased with tickets, which you can buy from many stands for cash only, not complaining but I wish I knew tto bring about $80 per couple to cover food, drinks and entry. Would I go back ... nope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio