Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:57 AM

7 posts, read 29,603 times

Advertisements

Okay, I think I know what schools I like, but I'm not sure which commute would be better. Can anyone give me some feedback on the commute from 78230/78231 or 78247. Is it more than 30 minutes during rush hour?

I think I like the following elementary and middle schools. Does anyone have any opinions about them?:

Elementary - Wetmore, Coker
Middle - Driscoll, Hobby, Eisenhower

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 11:41 AM

9,852 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kphillip9 View Post
Okay, I think I know what schools I like, but I'm not sure which commute would be better. Can anyone give me some feedback on the commute from 78230/78231 or 78247. Is it more than 30 minutes during rush hour?

I think I like the following elementary and middle schools. Does anyone have any opinions about them?:

The commute Thanks!
While I'll endorse the Hobby area 1000% percent (Hobby alum) that drive would be horrendous. I would definitely go with the other areas.

The drive, even in 281/Thousand Oaks area that you've pin pointed is still going to be long time wise, but distance wise doesn't look too bad. And you're close enough to all the activities that a little one will (and a little one's mom) will want in the Stone Oak area without being right smack in the middle of it.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:35 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kphillip9 View Post

Thanks!
Coker is excellent! Wetmore is fairly new so I can't comment on that. You didn't mention Bradley middle school which has a top notch reputation. Those kids move into MacArthur or Churchill depending on where you live. (Maybe a few to Reagan...not sure on that one).

If you stay closer to 281, your hubby could hop on 281 to Hildebrand...go east on Hildebrand to N. New Braunfels and turn left. Then turn right on Burr Rd. Stay on Burr Rd until it dead ends into Harry Wurzbach. That intersection is a few hundred yards to the entrance of Ft Sam. Of course that all depends on where on post he'll be working. That would be your quickest commute from the area you are talking about. If you are thinking of living near Driskoll, the drive from that neighborhood along Jones Maltsberger to get to 281 is slow going during rush hour. 30 minutes would be tight. If the commute it that important, stay West of Thousand Oaks and East of 281 for the schools you mentioned. It's a nice area....lots of military mixed in....not much crime.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:07 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,285 times
Rawlinson/Clark are great schools and a very nice area. The commute would be less than 30 minutes on a normal day. Your price range for housing would fit in the area nicely. There are plenty of upscale apartments (many brand new) that could service your temporary housing needs.

Your commute would consist of I-10 (the widest free in SA) to downtown where you would exit 35N to Fort Sam.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 AM

915 posts, read 1,904,512 times
Commute would be less than 30 minutes. Hobby is a great school. You might want to add Whispering Oaks to your neighborhood search. It is a very family oriented hood with nice homes and quiet streets. Hobby & Clark.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:33 PM

7 posts, read 29,603 times
Thanks, everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio