Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
Ah, yes, well, nice thought skeet09, but in the meantime I'm going to bypass the PerrinBeitel Passport Pandemonium.
Good call!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Try CIBT
We do all our Passport/Visa business with them. They are very efficient and we can have items back within the week.

It does cost a little more but I feel my time is worth it.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:49 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,148 times
Update time. I made an appt with the Alamo Height Post Office for today. Took my kids with me because this is spring break and I didn't want to pull them out of school to get their passports. I was serviced right on time at my 1pm appt time but the guy was kind of brusque with me like he was expecting me to be totally unprepared. Well I had all the documents all ready except for one problem I think I should put here. The boys birth certificate was a short form issued from their home state. Not a long form. I had no idea because it didn't say so on our passport application form. So we are sending out for long form birth certificates to be sent in by express mail. So a warning to those applying for kids passports, make sure you have long form, full length birth certificates that take up a full page, NOT half page. I have no idea why this makes any difference. Anyway we are trying again in two weeks. The guy tried to persuade me to try Perrin Beitel next time we try again but I said no, because I'm never going to subject the kids to the PerrinBeitel Pandamonium.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:01 AM

199 posts, read 707,546 times
I saw this thread and had to check it out, earlier this week I found out that the price of passports (renews and new) is going up very soon, maybe in April. DH and I both need renews by the end of the year, so we decided to hop on it now to save $70 right there, and get our kids some for the first time. So I did call around, do my internet research, and all that. I did find out that for anybody who needs a passport, there is a "passport day" coming up on Sat. 3/27. No appointments needed, just stand in line. The only problem w/ that is that the list for Texas post offices, there weren't any listed for S.A. I don't know if that is the final list of participating stations though. It does seem weird that there are 4 in Fort Worth participating, and one in Aransas Pass, but none in S.A. Just do a google search for "passport day 2010". Good luck.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Remember, you can renew passports by mail:
How to Renew Your U.S. Passport (http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html - broken link) (unless it is a child's pp).
It goes to the same place. We have never had a problem (we send priority mail.) Plus, you save the PO fee!

Search for passport acceptance facilities here (by zip code, includes phone numbers :
Where to Apply for a Passport Nationwide

Old 03-20-2010, 09:33 AM

I should tell you here to call different post offices to set up an appt time. The one closest to me, the next available appt is in three months! And remember you can't do kids passports by mail. You have to go in person and they want long form birth certificates.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:26 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Quote:
And remember you can't do kids passports by mail. You have to go in person and they want long form birth certificates.
Yep, and you can't "renew" kid's pp either...you'll need an application for a new pp each time. You will also need the permission form completed and notarized if BOTH parents will not be there.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:20 PM

268 posts, read 593,657 times
You can also go to the Bexar County Courthouse. There is usually no line there.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 PM

There's usually no line at the Bexar County Courthouse? I don't see how that could be! maybe because the parking is impossible.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Quote:
There's usually no line at the Bexar County Courthouse? I don't see how that could be! maybe because the parking is impossible.
Good resource in case you want to try the Courthouse:Parking | Downtown Alliance San Antonio. I carry the list in my glove box always; just in case!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio