Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
Well, if you don't let it bug you, then I won't let the nonchurch-goers bug me. Deal?

I don't think that it's so much the church going people that bug many transplants. It's the fact that there are huge monster quintuple football stadium size churches here. What does this do to the tax base of a city? When these properties are not producing tax revenue, the city/cty has to make it up through other sources. I'll bet that could be one reason why property taxes are so high here, to make up for all of the churches that stiff the county.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:48 PM

554 posts, read 2,307,416 times
Most churches donate far more money to charitable work in our community than they would pay in property taxes.

If they were paying property taxes, there is no way that they would be able to donate as much money as they do.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
Most churches donate far more money to charitable work in our community than they would pay in property taxes.

If they were paying property taxes, there is no way that they would be able to donate as much money as they do.
oh really, and you know this because? i know that i as a taxpayer am receiving none of that charity. i say tax the greedy sobs and let me decide who i wish to be charitable to.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:04 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
oh really, and you know this because? i know that i as a taxpayer am receiving none of that charity. i say tax the greedy sobs and let me decide who i wish to be charitable to.
wow......greedy slobs??? Do you need charity? And you want charity that might help someone in real need? Where do these attitudes come from? Honestly.....taxes are not higher here because of a few mega churches. Don't make this political.....there are a lot of social services that many of us never benefit from that are paid with our taxes. MANY!!! Let's be rational with our arguments.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:21 PM

470 posts, read 1,952,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I see a lot of charity in your comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio