Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone do something this sick to a dog? Why????

SAN ANTONIO -- As an 18-month-old English bulldog recovers from severe burns allegedly caused by a 14-year-old boy, two 13-year-old girls are raising money to help cover the dog's expensive medical care.

"It broke my heart, it was so sad," said Caroline Carothers, who was referring to the story of how the boy allegedly used cologne to set his family's bulldog on fire.

The more Caroline thought about the cruel act, the more she wanted to do something about it.

Girls Raise Money For Burned Dog - San Antonio News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/21188518/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 09:54 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
I can't even read the story. Kudos to the girls, and I hope and pray the boy is getting help. That's very alarming.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 AM

905 posts, read 2,959,750 times
Hopefully, the sick 14-yr old will get the help he needs as well as the punishment he deserves for doing this despicable thing to that poor animal.

One of the groups at Churchill helped to raise money for the dog's vet bills last month. It would be nice if all the other schools would join in to help these girls.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:17 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Yes, they were at the Bush Bulldog Festival last night...my daughter got a pair of the earrings...it just sickens me when I think of what those kids did. The sad thing is that their records will be sealed once they reach 18.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Kudos to your daughter for the support!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:34 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Does anyone know how to donate to this? I think if those of us who can give just a little money, it would quickly add up and help these two young heroes save this poor animal.

Actually, someone made a good point in the comments section of the article. The boy's parents should be financially liable for the dog's recovery. They also need to be taught a lesson here, and hopefully they will learn that parenting is not a part-time job!

I hope it goes to a loving family once it is placed up for adoption. I also hope that the 14-yr-old boy changes his ways, because he is on the wrong path in life...

Old 10-03-2009, 10:58 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Does anyone know how to donate to this? I think if those of us who can give just a little money, it would quickly add up and help these two young heroes save this poor animal.

Actually, someone made a good point in the comments section of the article. The boy's parents should be financially liable for the dog's recovery. They also need to be taught a lesson here, and hopefully they will learn that parenting is not a part-time job!

I hope it goes to a loving family once it is placed up for adoption. I also hope that the 14-yr-old boy changes his ways, because he is on the wrong path in life...
The article says ACS is accepting donations.
Ditto on having the parents financially liable.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 AM

546 posts, read 1,500,064 times
I think its flat out disturbing that a kid would do this to his OWN dog. I mean wtf is wrong with you??? Parents should be fined for animal cruelty maybe that will teach them a lesson on showing their kids how to treat animals. They should also be paying for the vet bills as well. I honestly blame the parents for not being in tuned with their kid. This could not be a sheer act of boredom or mischievousness but something more.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:52 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I also hope that the 14-yr-old boy changes his ways, because he is on the wrong path in life...
When a 14 year old lights his OWN dog on fire, it's not about "changing his ways". He needs serious medical intervention. Read up on some of the worst serial killers out there and they started out doing just this exact type of thing. He needs to be in lock up so he doesn't escalate. No one deserves a second chance when they exhibit this kind of inhuman behavior!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:27 PM

138 posts, read 410,163 times
Moderator cut: see comment

Nothing good will ever come from a kid who will set a dog on fire.

Last edited by Bo; 10-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Toning it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio