Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 03:25 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,058 times

Advertisements

so the alternate birthstone for October is pink tourmaline instead of the norm of opal. problem is it is difficult to find.

anyone out there found any place that has pink tourmaline rings?

thanks for helping out a x-mas shopper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 04:13 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,389 times
I know ive seen them at Sams before and also at Costco. seems like a odd place for them but i have seen them there. You may want to try zales or check sears as well. I know sears has a huge selection when it comes to birthstones.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:04 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
so the alternate birthstone for October is pink tourmaline instead of the norm of opal. problem is it is difficult to find.

anyone out there found any place that has pink tourmaline rings?

thanks for helping out a x-mas shopper!
Call Nomadic Notions on Broadway. They carry a lot of natural semi precious stones.

Also google it! You'll find more bead/jewelry making suppliers than ants at a picnic! And don't forget Ebay...I've seen tons of gorgeous jewelry supplies and stones there.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Call Nomadic Notions on Broadway. They carry a lot of natural semi precious stones.

Also google it! You'll find more bead/jewelry making suppliers than ants at a picnic! And don't forget Ebay...I've seen tons of gorgeous jewelry supplies and stones there.
thanks for the suggestions. i'd like to try and keep off the internet, because i'm a major hands on kinda buyer. i have to see, touch, and feel. pictures won't do for me.
thanks again.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM

9 posts, read 13,399 times
In Amercian diamond store IH-10 location near DE Zavala.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Don't forget Ebay for a site to get ideas on pricing/design....great deals from jewlers that choose web based sites to sell and pass the saving to the consumer vs paying for storefront....

pink tourmaline rings, great deals on Jewelry Watches, Antiques on eBay!

I got over 800 hits on rings alone...

Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
thanks for the suggestions. i'd like to try and keep off the internet, because i'm a major hands on kinda buyer. i have to see, touch, and feel. pictures won't do for me.
thanks again.
well...you're certainly welcome. Nomadic Notions is local and very hands on. They are located on Broadway. 5000 block in the Arcadia Grove shopping strip. They will be very happy to know that you are not an internet shopper since the internet has almost put them out of business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio