Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:17 AM

796 posts, read 3,050,549 times

Advertisements

I see the trucks around my neighborhood and was wondering if they were worth the cost. What was your experience like? If it's negative, please dm me your response. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM

298 posts, read 945,648 times
We hired them for a church function and they were the hit of the event for the kids aged 7-teenagers....I think you can have like 6 people playing at once.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:48 PM

39 posts, read 107,368 times
do you all have a good link for these companies? Whats the price range and what does it include?

Old 12-31-2009, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 9,845 times
First to be totally open: I'm a GameTruck franchise owner in Dallas.
GameTruck is able to have 16 gamers playing at one time.
GameTruck is enclosed - not open to the weather. Trailer is air conditioned.
GameTruck is focused on social video gaming. We do not do Hamster ball or laser tag.
GameTruck has comfortable leather seating so your attention is on playing a good game with good friends.
The gamers are inside the trailer - not running around (near a street) waiting their turn. We are playing up to 16 gamers at one time.

GameTruck's web site is [url=http://www.GameTruckParty.com]GameTruck Party[/url] Check it out.
We will help you anyway we can and answer any questions.
[mod]contact by DM only[/mod]

I thought GameTruck was so much better I bought a franchise after looking at both of the ones that you mentioned.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-08-2011 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: Reviewed by moderator. This post is on-topic and within the TOS.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dallas View Post
First to be totally open: I'm a GameTruck franchise owner in Dallas.
GameTruck is able to have 16 gamers playing at one time.
GameTruck is enclosed - not open to the weather. Trailer is air conditioned.
GameTruck is focused on social video gaming. We do not do Hamster ball or laser tag.
GameTruck has comfortable leather seating so your attention is on playing a good game with good friends.
The gamers are inside the trailer - not running around (near a street) waiting their turn. We are playing up to 16 gamers at one time.

GameTruck's web site is GameTruck Party Check it out.
We will help you anyway we can and answer any questions.
Moderator cut: contact by DM only

I thought GameTruck was so much better I bought a franchise after looking at both of the ones that you mentioned.
Thanks, but I got all of that info from the website. I am looking for comments from customers that have actually used the services.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-08-2011 at 01:08 AM..

Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,127,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
Thanks, but I got all of that info from the website. I am looking for comments from customers that have actually used the services.
Looks like GT Dallas was replying to DannyT but didn't click on the reply icon.
The Game Truck gave me a great idea for the kid's in our program though; thank you for opening up this thread!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Looks like GT Dallas was replying to DannyT but didn't click on the reply icon.
The Game Truck gave me a great idea for the kid's in our program though; thank you for opening up this thread!
O...gotcha, I didn't even see that post.
You're welcome.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:58 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,489,887 times
We went to a party last year with a game truck type... Thinking it was games to you, but not sure... The truck had 3 big flat screens inside a trailer with comfy seating and 3 big flat screens outside under a part of the trailer that opened like a roof... Honestly, only a few adult men played the games... It was a neat concept but the kids were not too interested...

With that being said, it was a party for a 7 yr old... So the kids had a better time playing laser tag... Which I THINK was also provided by the same people who did the game truck...

Old 01-04-2010, 07:56 AM

905 posts, read 2,960,849 times
Teens that are into video games will love one of these parties. Our highschool band had a fundraiser where a Gametruck was present and it was a huge hit. My son and the rest of the kids loved it. If your girls are into video games and you want to have a contained party environment, it's worth it. I seem to remember that the cost wasn't too much different than any other party venues (pizza, bowling, the usual things).

Old 01-09-2010, 03:02 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,117 times
Default Games2U vs. Game Truck

This is the Games2U vans that we've been seeing - I've seen them around and played some of their games, I think it's an awesome idea. My kids like it, 15 and 8. I don't believe that they are the same company as GameTruck.

Games2U

Games2U Entertainment
About Us | GameTruckParty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio