Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 PM

7 posts, read 19,148 times

Advertisements

The Cigar Bar on Stone Oak shut down some time ago, and boy do I miss it. Since then Ive actually taken up Pipe smoking and love it but been confined to my back yard. I miss the randomness of music, people watching, ambiance. Anyone know another good bar in town that's OK with pipe smoking ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 06:47 PM

186 posts, read 345,406 times
You might try the Lion & Rose @ 410 and Blanco or any of their locations around SA. They have a smoking bar...thats where I go for a lager & lime and a Cohiba on occasion. If you don't want the drink you could also go to the Humidor on San Pedro.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Actually, there is a Lion & Rose on Sonterra in Stone Oak (http://www.thelionandrose.com/locations/sonterra.html - broken link)...and they have darts!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-02-2010, 07:15 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,701,644 times
I cannot for the life of me think of the name of the place but it's just north of Leon Springs (like exit Boerne Stage road and turn at the light if coming from SA) on the East side of 10. It's a Cuban style lounge/bar place. I've never been there but have heard great things about it.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 PM

134 posts, read 384,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainOldSimpleJoe View Post
The Cigar Bar on Stone Oak shut down some time ago, and boy do I miss it. Since then Ive actually taken up Pipe smoking and love it but been confined to my back yard. I miss the randomness of music, people watching, ambiance. Anyone know another good bar in town that's OK with pipe smoking ?
The one at 1604 and Stone Oak closed? Bummer. I really liked going there for a cigar/pipe and a drink occasionally. Check this link out for some locations that are pipe and cigar friendly.
San Antonio Smoking Bars, San Antonio Smoking Restaurants & San Antonio Cigar Bars. Smoking Friendly Places in San Antonio (http://www.smokingfinders.com/where-to-smoke/tx/san-antonio-tx/ - broken link)

Old 01-02-2010, 11:43 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
I didn't realize it had closed either, which is a shame as I have a few fond memories of that place. I had quite the enjoyable evening there once smoking cigars with a true Texas gentleman, Kinky Friedman! We had an interesting and extensive discussion on numerous topics...

Cheers! M2

Old 01-03-2010, 10:37 AM

418 posts, read 1,240,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I cannot for the life of me think of the name of the place but it's just north of Leon Springs (like exit Boerne Stage road and turn at the light if coming from SA) on the East side of 10. It's a Cuban style lounge/bar place. I've never been there but have heard great things about it.
I forget also. It is a nice place. Haven't been there in a year though.

It was called something like the rumble room.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainOldSimpleJoe View Post
That was a really nice place, but we had negative experiences twice when taking friends there. One involved buying a $3 empty cigar box (nothing else). Since they used the "tip" receipts, a $20 tip showed up on our CC. Wonder how often that happened when they just sold merchandise?

Old 01-04-2010, 12:34 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Changos Havana Club

http://www.changosclub.com/

Old 01-04-2010, 04:52 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,647 times
i am not sure if this is anything of what you are looking for or not --- BUT... Augie's Barbed Wire BBQ, by the zoo, has a really awesome little place BEHIND it ... it's part of Augie's but from what i gather not many people know about it --- it's called The Treehouse Cigar and Wine Bar ...

if you go outside at Augie's on the back patio area, where the bands play, there is a little doorway on the right hand side ... if you walk thru that doorway and follow the path up there is THE CUTEST little house ... it has an outdoor deck and 2 glass doors...on the left, as you walk in, there is a cigar room with loads of cigars to choose from...on the right as you walk in is a nice little wine bar ... the house has about 3-4 rooms with low light and comfy seats, checker/chess sets, etc...you can hang out and drink a glass of wine, smoke a cigar and just relax ... the house even has a little outdoor balcony with 2-3 rod iron chairs and small rod iron table --- the only negative to the balcony location is the smoke that comes up from the GINORMOUS smoker in the back of Augie's ...

this house would be a really great place to sit out on the deck and hear the music but still be able to hold a conversation ... it's a great place to take a few friends and just hang out ... and if you get tired of the music just go in the house and sit ... it's low lit and warm and just so nicely decorated, with wooden floors, etc...i just fell in love with it ... we were at Augie's on a Friday night and there were alot of people in the Augie's back patio area ... my friend and I walked up to the little house and there was literally no one there but us ... it was very nice ... it's worth it to go and eat some amazing BBQ and then walk up to The Treehouse and check it out ...

here's a link to some pics --- but the pics look different from when i was there --- when i was there about 2 months ago there was many more cigars and lots more wine ... i am thinking these pics are when they had just opened The Treehouse --- also we were there at night and the ambiance was sooo much better ...
Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio