Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:36 AM

12 posts, read 38,062 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows of any places that sell tarantulas? I've heard Petco and Petsmart have them- but any one I've gone to surely doesn't. Are there actual exotic pet places around here that have them specifically? Or known breeders here? I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to go all over San Antonio looking, haha. >_<

Edit: I'm also a bit weary of buying one at a place like, say Forever Pets, where the people know close to nada on maintaining one and are keeping them in a horrible habitat. I'd rather not buy one that'll probably die on the way home if you know what I mean. o_o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,117 times
Check out River City Exotics, on Tezel Road...

Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times
Or my yard! We have been known to see them here and there.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Or my yard! We have been known to see them here and there.
Seriously?? Why can't I ever find one in my yard... POOP. Haha.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 PM

55 posts, read 165,387 times
The pet store on Tezel is really good

Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,127,505 times
This has been one of the most fascinating requests I've seen on City-Data. Rep points for ya!
The pet stores may be putting them on hold though because of the whole violence towards animals thing in the Halloween season.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 PM

13 posts, read 47,844 times
Good to hear River City Exotics is being recommended. My son has bought snakes and lizards from there and those critters are still doing well. Mike is a good guy. He will quiz you so to speak on your knowledge of the prospective new pet. He will make sure you understand how to care for the critter and also will make sure you know that he has everthing you need right there in his store.

There is also a pet store on Bandera Rd. in Leon Valley near Seneca St. I have seen Tarantulas there. Prices may be little lower. Good place to compare.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
This has been one of the most fascinating requests I've seen on City-Data. Rep points for ya!
The pet stores may be putting them on hold though because of the whole violence towards animals thing in the Halloween season.
Haha, thanks! Yeah... it's a weird question, but I'm a weird person. :P

And good point, I completely overlooked the Halloween part... likewise with selling black cats. Hmm. I'll definitely have to try River City Exotics since I'm iffy of buying one that'll have to be shipped to me from elsewhere. I kinda like that feeling of picking out your actual pet and getting to SEE him beforehand, you know?

Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,336,111 times
I believe the Awana Pets near the Asian Kitchen (which is awesome btw) has them. If you're not familiar, it's in the lifeless shopping area behind the Pizza Hut on 410 between Marbach and 90.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaHaTeni View Post
Good to hear River City Exotics is being recommended. My son has bought snakes and lizards from there and those critters are still doing well. Mike is a good guy. He will quiz you so to speak on your knowledge of the prospective new pet. He will make sure you understand how to care for the critter and also will make sure you know that he has everthing you need right there in his store.

There is also a pet store on Bandera Rd. in Leon Valley near Seneca St. I have seen Tarantulas there. Prices may be little lower. Good place to compare.
I would visit there often back when I worked/lived in the area - great crew. Shop is a little old/dusty, but the animals are in great shape and the employees know their stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio