Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:29 AM

8 posts, read 9,356 times

Advertisements

I've come to the conclusion: 'Ese' is not the ideal place for a non-Mexican. And its really starting to wear me down. Tonight, after leaving a bar...I just began crying almost uncontrollably because I am sorry I ever moved here.

For one, this place is no place for a non-Mexican to be living. I can count all types of horrid things that has happened since I been here, since month 1. I came out here for work and a new apartment/life....but everything else has turned my world upside down.

This place breeds DRAMA. It all started with a street sign falling on my car, then a hit and run accident, then being falsely diagnosed with HIV by some witch Mexican doctor. Turns out, she never sent the lab a western blot and that the oral swab positive test was exchanged for an oral swab SHE DID ON HERSELF then I get arrested the other day. The Mexican cops were so mean to me, accusing me of assault and having drugs. All this has caused me to be under pre-hypertension blood pressure. I have been constantly stressed, amd depressed. I have 2 disputes going at the moment.

My so-called Mexican friend stole money from me, used my credit card unauthorized...and when I got very upset and demanded my money back, he calls police and has me arrested for trespassing

I feel like Im living in hell in this city. And I know I am an attractive Black person. Yet, I go out here and people act like Im an alien or something. I go to the bars tonight, people cant even chat or start conversation. And when I do they look at me like I have 3 heads. I was playing pool with this Mexican guy, he didnt speak to me the entire time. Then, after the game he just dipped off without even saying a word.

What is it with these people? Are they afraid of Black people? Are they just so sheltered that they dont know that most cities in the US actually have Black people living there? And Im not even 100% Black, but Im Cherokee and White also. But these people out here seem to think Mexican is the only race that exist, and treat others like outsiders.

Dear Lord, get me out of this town! Im suffering!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:58 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,307,835 times
B.S. my BROTHER because you have received some help from a LATINO when you needed it or have you forgotten so easily????? Its not like LATINOS in this city have never seen or interacted with black folk before. It may have nothing to do with race and often times we as people of color may find it easier to blame it on that (something we have no control over) rather than examining our own personal issues (something we DO have control over) As an African American you should be empathetic to having your intelligence, demeanor, personality, or culture put into question merely because of your ethinicity. Reverse racism is a NASTY THING and I would hope your intelligence would put your ignorance in check....quick.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:23 AM

62,022 posts, read 87,699,646 times
I think I know whats wrong: you are a drama queen!
You posted here before all needy and whinny talking about how hungry you are with only "1 piece of T-bone steak, some potatoes, apples and lettuce left in your fridge" and where to get financial help etc.
Then you posted: "I'll admit I followed the M-Fer who hit me from downtown to the airport area in a high speed chase on 281...with lots of damage to both of our cars. He was lucky I almost ran out of gas because if I would have stopped him, I would have clubbed him half to death."
Now you are whinny again blaming everyone but yourself for all the problems in your life; those "horrid things", the city, the Latinos, cops, doctors - seems like everyone and everything here make your feel like living in hell...
Examine your life and stop blaming others.

Last edited by elnina; 04-18-2010 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: added

Old 04-18-2010, 01:45 AM

Im not saying everyone who is Mexican is in bad form. But Im saying that I have experienced so much iniquity since I've been here from so many.

I know who you are P-Rex, and yes I appreciated your kindness...but Im just stating what has happened to me since I've been here. I've never had so many things like this happen in such a short period of time since moving here.

I also dont think this is about "a miniority feeling a need to blame". Whats there to blame when some drunk ass runs a stop sign, takes off like a bat out of HELL...and the police dont do **** but tell me to try and find him and take him to small claims court, when I eventually did catch him and he had insurance but was too drunk to stop that night (Mexican)? Who's to blame who someone lies to the Health Department about a life-threatening disease (Mexican)? Who's to blame when you help someone's BUTT and they turn around and steal money from you and then put you in jail? (Mexican)

Like I said...Im over this hell hold! I spoke to (a good) Mexican guy the other week...and he told me how some of the cops and drivers here tend to 'scam' people around in the ways I mentioned

Old 04-18-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You posted here before all needy and whinny talking about how hungry you are with only "1 piece of T-bone steak, some potatoes, apples and lettuce left in your fridge" and where to get financial help etc..
How are you going to edit your post to bring up something as old as that? Thats very old post and has NOTHING to do with this post. Nothing at all.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:05 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,255,810 times
Sorry to hear things are going so rough here for you, but assuming your problems have nothing to do with you being Black and them being of Latino descent is an absolute absurdity. Trust me, I am of Latino origin and I looked up all the memos and I couldn't find the one that says to make your life a living Hell.

Most of the drama you described is universally applicable to bar life. Alcohol (or whatever else) and drama go hand in hand.

Oh, and if you want to make friends here, stop being so judgmental. Placing your location as "Fat Antonio" and painting all "Mexicans" with the same brush in the negative tone that you have in a majority "Mexican" city is not the best way to become acquainted with the city.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,444,986 times
*yawn* I'm sorry. I missed all that....it just got really boring at "I've".

Old 04-18-2010, 06:38 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,486,641 times
If I inserted the word "black" everywhere you have the word "mexican" in your post I would be called a racist...wonder why it is not the same when a black says it?????

You were looking to escape something, but it appears that you brought the problem with you when you left wherever it was you were....maybe its time to get reflective on WHAT the problem really is....

Old 04-18-2010, 07:11 AM

18,153 posts, read 25,374,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedingbutnotNeedy View Post
Im not saying everyone who is Mexican is in bad form. But Im saying that I have experienced so much iniquity since I've been here from so many.
Let me tell you something brother,
you sound exactly like a lot of rednecks that I met in the Ozarks when they talked about black people.

Now think about it and I hope you change the way that you are thinking/talking.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,842,448 times
While I totally agree with you that this city sucks, I don't agree that it's for the reasons that you've stated. Sounds like you need to move on, just as I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: