Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,916 times

Advertisements

Try this link:

Bexar County, Texas - County Clerk

Unless, of course, you're not in Bexar County!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
Isn't there a way to access public records online?
I don't believe all records are available online.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:04 AM

556 posts, read 2,087,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
.....but would like to check if he indeed did what he said he did.
elnina - if this is in district court here in Bexar County - you can check 'litigants' by looking here to see if anything is listed:
https://apps.bexar.org/dklitsearch/search.aspx

Bexar County also has free online access to most land records, marriage licenses and foreclosures. That link was provided by giz2000.....

Good luck - it's tough that you have lost faith and confidence in your attorney. I think in your shoes, I'd be calling the Bexar County Courthouse and seeing if someone could do a search on my name for any pending cases....the worst they can say is 'no' - and direct you to come down in person....???

Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 AM

59 posts, read 152,417 times
For reference, all you have to do is call central filing at the court house and ask to check status. Give them the cause number and ask what the last filing was. They'll tell you. In the alternative, you can just walk in. First floor, on the left coming from the square, 300 Dolorosa, Bexar County civil couryhouse.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,599,386 times
as kordova said - just call the clerk. They will tell you the last filings - you will need the cause number.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I don't believe all records are available online.
The records are not available online to the public, only able to file online, and thats only for attorneys, and it costs too much even for attorneys. I've said my piece.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:48 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
By my last visit the attorney gave me a copy of the motion and said that he filed it "two weeks ago". There was no case number/filing number or anything indicating that the motion was filed already. I think that he produced the motion just before my appointment to keep me happy and show that he indeed did something in my case. I also think that as of today ( my appointment was on April, 1st) he didn't file it, yet. Really very frustrating that all.
But thank you all for the info... I will check online, and if it does not work, I will go to the courthouse myself.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
By my last visit the attorney gave me a copy of the motion and said that he filed it "two weeks ago". There was no case number/filing number or anything indicating that the motion was filed already. I think that he produced the motion just before my appointment to keep me happy and show that he indeed did something in my case. I also think that as of today ( my appointment was on April, 1st) he didn't file it, yet. Really very frustrating that all.
But thank you all for the info... I will check online, and if it does not work, I will go to the courthouse myself.
Not to defend your attorney, because I rarely defend other attorneys, he may have just given you a copy he printed from his file. When you file a motion with the district court you can't just get them to stamp it and hand it back. They will charge you for a certified copy of your own motion, which is odd I know, but some counties charge as much at $23 dollars for a certified copy. Maybe he didn't have his checkbook or maybe he was just trying to save you from have to pay the cert costs via his bill.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:49 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,970 times
Wouldn't the attorney need a stamped copy with the filing number for his files? Somewhere down the line, if asked, he would have to produce evidence that he did in fact file the papers.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KordovaJD View Post
Not to defend your attorney, because I rarely defend other attorneys, he may have just given you a copy he printed from his file. When you file a motion with the district court you can't just get them to stamp it and hand it back. They will charge you for a certified copy of your own motion, which is odd I know, but some counties charge as much at $23 dollars for a certified copy. Maybe he didn't have his checkbook or maybe he was just trying to save you from have to pay the cert costs via his bill.
I hope he did file the motion like he said he did. But then, when I think about how little he did the last 15 months for my case, I am not that sure about it anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio