Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM

417 posts, read 982,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
This is the only one I dont agree with. As it is speedometers are allowed (by the feds) an error rate of 5% +/-. That could mean your speedometer reads 60mph but you are doing 63mph.
**chuckles** ok then go over to ...is it 10S? and drive underneath the "this is how fast you're going" Oh wait...why not add a camera there and mail out tickets...

More often people are going well over the speed limit...plain and simple and need a ticket or as many as it takes to learn...the speed limit is there for a reason and not just to irritate you. Slow down..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBhdKrwTOc

Last edited by ChiccaTX; 06-17-2010 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: after thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 01:02 AM

417 posts, read 982,662 times
Interesting...on 281 ...policeman on the overpass with a radar gun set up on a pole and he's talking on a walkie talkie toooooo the folkes...up the road; a line up of police trucks...cars...motorcycles...waiting for the word....

Can you say tickets?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:15 AM

410 posts, read 923,649 times
I agree 100% with you ChiccaTx. Speed limits exist for a purpose other than to irritate folks. But if I may go off topic of speeding, blinkers are included on a vehicle for a purpose other than to hang stuff. It always amazes me how some people spend upwards to $50,000 on a vehicle and their blinkers don't work (subtle sarcasm lol) as they dart/wedge themselves onto paths of startled drivers. We have to share the roads y'all. Let's please do so as safely as possible. There might be innocent kids in the car closest to you. Enjoy your Thursday!!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:02 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
I've had two near-misses in two days coming in to work. They were someone making a right on red while ignoring opposing traffic making a left turn on a green arrow. It may have worked a little better if they weren't wallowing around in a Suburban and could make a turn without going halfway into both lanes.

The other one was someone ignoring the yield sign at a highway merge (Hwy 90/I-10/35?) and forcing a couple of us to take evasive action to miss their busted up early '80s Dodge van. We've still got another day until the work week is over so there's still more time for somebody to 1-up them and take the title of Creep of the Week.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 AM

361 posts, read 924,912 times
The city is doing it all for the money and actuallty budgets how much it will raise from tickets and jailing drunk/bad drivers in the city budget before a single ticket is written for the fiscal year, then spends the rest of the fiscal year leaning on the police department to raise that money.

Just throwing that out there for anyone who thinks the cops give two flying (expletive not posted) about public safety.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:50 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post
The city is doing it all for the money and actuallty budgets how much it will raise from tickets and jailing drunk/bad drivers in the city budget before a single ticket is written for the fiscal year, then spends the rest of the fiscal year leaning on the police department to raise that money.

Just throwing that out there for anyone who thinks the cops give two flying (expletive not posted) about public safety.
I agree it's BS but I still have to agrue that if your not doing anything wrong then you won't get a ticket.

I'm not saying I'm perfect . I've had my share of tickets in the past, but I was doing wrong everytime I got one.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post

I hate it when DOT Inspectors get out there myself, but its to get un cooperative veichle owners out of the road, or discipline for thinking some are over the law.... as TXtrkGrl says if you have done nothing wrong it shouldnt bother you.

since were on topic. I got pulled over for and expired REG sticker, and I told the cop the truth he let me go! he didnt even ask me for my proof of payment or anything.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 AM

47 posts, read 100,023 times
Texas law also reserves the left lane for the pass lane the only time Im aggressive is if you choose to ignore this law otherwise you (slower drivers) & me will never have an issue!

I'm waiting for a real public transportation system to get to this city so that if you are a jerk & you block the pass lane I wont care cause Ill be on a light rail or something!

the day that it gets here though...

I also preffer the law working the streets then I do them giving tickets on the hwy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio