Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:35 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,100 times

Advertisements

hey guys today I punked out an SAPD Officer! yay

long read, but defenetly worth it.

I was crusing along I10 minding my own buisness doing 60. then all of a sudden I see lights flashing. So I was all but then I realized I wasnt doing anything wrong. I looked in the mirror to make shure I had closed the tarp and everything was in order. so I was still wondering why I was being pulled over. So since i wasnt shure I was doing something wrong. I started coasting and slowing down slowly making my way out of the interstate and I pulled into an empty lot. The officer was so ticked off because he said I should of pulled over on the highway. I told him it was safer here, besides the lot was on the access road, and I told him if he didnt feel safe to call for back up.

So Conversation starts. "do you know why I pulled you over?" I said, "No, you tell me" He said my brake lights were out. So being that I check my tractor every morning due to federal regulations. I question his oversbation and I pull on the hand valve for the trailer (it automatically holds the brakes) so I go to the back of my trailer and confrim that my lights were working properly, and showed the cop. He was in denial and said it was a load of bs. I then asked him where did he see that my lights werent working. He said that other people were braking and their lights came on. So I immediately bursted with laughter and told him just because other morrons see people braking they brake aswell. I use engine brake to slow down gradually. Clearly the officer was clueless.

He then said he was going to issue a citation. so i told him to stand next to the back of my trailer hold the citation visible to the lights because I was going to take a picture to take it to court. that pushed his button. he started yelling that I had no right. I then said that the lights are clearly working. so its going to be my word against his, and I have a right to bring whatever proof to court that its needed. He then wanted to check my weight and my log book. I refused since he was not a DOT enforcer he had no buisness doing. that. I told him he was a DPS reject trying to take his anger out.

at that point he was so Irritated that he kept creeping towards me trying to initiate some contact, but I am not that dumb I just kept side stepping. till Eventually I told him what he needed to hear. I told him that hes just wasting my time, the cities time, and the people's that actually need help time. and yet theres no time to respond to theft, vandalism, or domestic disputes?

After I told him that he went back into his car with My ID and insurance, he came back out after a while and said he was going to let me off with a warning. I sarcastically told him that he was too kind, and thank you for taking your time to makeshure that I was withing DOT's regulations.

Dumbest Cop ever!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,864 times
You were lucky. Although you were correct in that your brake lights were working correctly, he could have decided to write you up because you pissed him off. I did do something similar as a teenager and my dad was livid that I did it. I got out of a ticket though!

And it's spelled "sure" - I don't normally correct, but that one was bugging me.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
You were lucky. Although you were correct in that your brake lights were working correctly, he could have decided to write you up because you pissed him off. I did do something similar as a teenager and my dad was livid that I did it. I got out of a ticket though!

And it's spelled "sure" - I don't normally correct, but that one was bugging me.
mehh.. I dont mind that correction I cant use a keyboard lol, my nephew can out type me and he's in diapers.

well you can certanly question an officer. It all depends on how you do it. I was talking to him with all the respect in the world, but it looked like that officer was either stressed out, doesnt like his job, or just plain mean.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:51 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
mehh.. I dont mind that correction I cant use a keyboard lol, my nephew can out type me and he's in diapers.

well you can certanly question an officer. It all depends on how you do it. I was talking to him with all the respect in the world, but it looked like that officer was either stressed out, doesnt like his job, or just plain mean.
Glad you didn't mind. I have a friend that can't spell worth crap and I cringe. But for the most part I shut up.

So true on the cop - so many just don't like their job. It isn't what they expected so they take it out on us. The cop I got out of a ticket for was a complete idiot. It was in California, and he was "Harbor Patrol" - and about 2 miles inland. He was out of his jurisdiction and bored. He said I went out of the "in" at our school parking lot. I was the last person leaving that day, so like it really mattered. And when he pulled me over, he parked in front of a fire hydrant. I pointed all this out and he left. I doubt he could have given me a ticket anyways, he was just a parking attendant mostly.

So yeah - go you

Old 11-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Glad you didn't mind. I have a friend that can't spell worth crap and I cringe. But for the most part I shut up.

So true on the cop - so many just don't like their job. It isn't what they expected so they take it out on us. The cop I got out of a ticket for was a complete idiot. It was in California, and he was "Harbor Patrol" - and about 2 miles inland. He was out of his jurisdiction and bored. He said I went out of the "in" at our school parking lot. I was the last person leaving that day, so like it really mattered. And when he pulled me over, he parked in front of a fire hydrant. I pointed all this out and he left. I doubt he could have given me a ticket anyways, he was just a parking attendant mostly.

So yeah - go you

Thank you.

I hate Minor League Cops. One time I got stabbed in school and I beat the guy up, I ended being arrested for defending my self. Stupid School police didnt belive my story. and they wanted to charge me with a hate crime! lol California its a circus.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 PM

592 posts, read 2,024,828 times
Most cops let the power go to there head. Most dont have a clue they are a public servant

Old 11-04-2008, 12:17 AM

604 posts, read 1,871,689 times
that is rediculously awesome on so many levels

Old 11-04-2008, 05:28 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Yeah, I got popped by the "Tunnel Police" about 15 miles north of the Ft McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore! I didn't know they had jurisdiction out that far and all I was trying to do was merge into another lane as mine was ending. The "tunnel cop" looked just like the wimpy black lady in the Police Academy movies and I gave her an earful as she was speeding just as much as everyone else!

And I hope I speeled everything correctly!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM

170 posts, read 598,570 times
I'm one of those crazy people who have considerable respect for law enforcement officers. I'm not a big fan of generalizations about power or incompetence when there are so many good, hard-working cops all over this country.

But even I was floored by the OP's story! It's pretty shocking that the officer still wanted to write a ticket after he could see the brake lights clearly working. For something so egregious, I'd consider filing a complaint. That's unacceptable behavior.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Thank you all for the replies. Just shows that you can talk your ways out of it with good comunication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubya View Post
I'm one of those crazy people who have considerable respect for law enforcement officers. I'm not a big fan of generalizations about power or incompetence when there are so many good, hard-working cops all over this country.

But even I was floored by the OP's story! It's pretty shocking that the officer still wanted to write a ticket after he could see the brake lights clearly working. For something so egregious, I'd consider filing a complaint. That's unacceptable behavior.
and No, I cant really file a complaint on his guy, because first he's enforcing the law, and if he were to give me a citation without me taking a picture, more than likely I would of payed a hefty fine. What really got me upset was that he wanted to conduct a DOT Inspection when clearly he didnt know what a Jake Brake was lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio