Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 04:16 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times

Advertisements

There's been a buzz about that San Antonio's adopted favorite son and husband of Desperate Housewife Eva Longoria may end up being traded to to the Indiana Pacers for their tenth overall pick, shooting guard Brandon Rush, and power forward Troy Murphy!

Parker, 28, didn't have the greatest of seasons in 2009-10, he was injury-prone and allegedly George Hill may beat him out as the starting point guard next year; so there's fuel to these rumors.

Parker only played 56 games this season, but did average 16 points and 5.7 assists per game when he was playing (according to his official stats).

So, to paraphrase the old Clash hit (the band's only number-one single, by the way! ), should he stay or should he go?

Discuss...

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
The Spurs are deep at the point so the move wouldnt surprise me.

Last edited by SabresFanInSA; 06-03-2010 at 04:52 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
I just watched KSAT's news and Greg Simmons didn't mention this.

I do think it makes sense from a business standpoint for the Spurs to make a trade. They don't have the horses for a deep playoff run next season. In order to receive a quality player in return, they need to trade a quality player. Apparently the fact that his contract is expiring makes him a more desirable commodity. There may never be a better time to trade him than this offseason.

It's also been rumored that TP wants to play in southern California, closer to Eva's work, after his current deal expires. If the Spurs don't have a real chance to re-sign him, getting one more season out of him may not be in the team's best interest.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:53 PM

From the Pacers standpoint that move wouldnt make much sense FOR the fact that TP wants to play in LA. Why give up your 10th overall for a guy you get one year out of?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
TP is the ONE they absolutely need to keep. Love Duncan and Manu, but they're both at the tail end. We need to empty the account for TP and build the team around him for the future. You trade him away for a #10 pick in a WEAK draft class, you're stupid. I bet TP stays.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,858 times
I can't see any reason why they would trade someone who is capable of dropping 50 points in a game.
I predict he'll stay through the end of Manu's contract at least. The only other real point guard the Spurs have is George Hill. All of the others are rookies/1st year players, shooting guards (Roger Mason) or defenders (Bogans).

Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 AM

25 posts, read 55,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
I can't see any reason why they would trade someone who is capable of dropping 50 points in a game.
I predict he'll stay through the end of Manu's contract at least. The only other real point guard the Spurs have is George Hill. All of the others are rookies/1st year players, shooting guards (Roger Mason) or defenders (Bogans).
The only reason why he's capable of dropping 50 points in a game because he's a BALL HOG! He's not a team player. How can you call yourself a point guard when your average assist per game is only 5.4?

He should just play for the Clippers if he wants to move to So. California.

I say trade TP and TD for Lebron James.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
stc

43 posts, read 89,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipNoy View Post
I say trade TP and TD for Lebron James.
Yeah, cause Cleveland would jump at that (even if they were able to trade a player they don't own - which they can't.)

Old 06-04-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc View Post
Yeah, cause Cleveland would jump at that (even if they were able to trade a player they don't own - which they can't.)
He is a Cavalier until July 1st. If a team is prepared to pay his asking price they can trade for his rights and sign him

Old 06-04-2010, 08:14 PM

144 posts, read 360,336 times
So, I'm the new guy in town (well, we're not actually in town yet ) but as an avid basketball fan and future Spur-supporter, I'll weigh in and agree with FlipNoy. The guy has never struck me as someone with the heart/style that you'd want to build a team around. I say let him go.

Lebron in SA? That would be nuts! In a good way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio