Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 01:00 AM

10 posts, read 49,970 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Redlands for over two years. I have only lived in a gated community and I have found it to be safe. I have never "walked" around the area though.
I am looking to move to an apartment now. I have seen a couple of places, gated and otherwise. Just wondering if the apartment communities that are not gated are unsafe and if you'd recommend living there or not.
I am looking for places near ESRI (380 New York St). For example, Redlands Apartments is not gated but Redlands Lawn and Tennis Club Apartment is gated. Do you think, safety-wise, a non-gated community should be a dealbreaker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
I'm not sure what part of Redlands New York st is in. You shouldn't have too many problems in Redlands unless you're north of the 10. And even then most of north Redlands is safe outside of a few blocks.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:04 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proam View Post
Do you think, safety-wise, a non-gated community should be a dealbreaker?
No.

Are gated communities a must in Redlands?

No.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 PM

10 posts, read 49,970 times
Thanks!

Old 06-21-2010, 10:32 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
I know what area you're talking about. You're near the redlands daily facts & alabama. I used to live off brookside ave. I always liked redlands & the old victorian homes on highland ave & near prospect park are something else. A few weeks back i showed my sister from colo the old homes & nice area near cope jr high school. Redlands is about 15 mins from here. Its a nice city but like any city it has its bad areas (colton ave/orange st), etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 AM

105 posts, read 374,548 times
try orange garden townhomes. Use to live there. It is safe. Also use to live at Pine Villas townhomes by New York. You could walk to ESRI. They are safe, not gated, and very large and a great price. They have apts. as well as townhomes. They are updating all the units. At least they were last year when we moved out.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,147,911 times
The differences are clear enough. Gated means less unwanted persons in the complex! The larger the complex, the less effective that is! Yes there are still issues with gated communities,but, much less. There are many split or other wise subdivided/converted large homes in the Olive street district with many streets running perpendicular that have conversions as well. There are a few smaller apartment complexes and duplexes near esri; that area is zoned for multi unit residences. THEY are typically safer and more private as well. Think about renting a home as well. Nothing wrong with checking into it and making an offer. You already know there are many ungated apartment complexes near esri. They are not as safe as a converted home or duplex or a gated community. Let us know what you decide and happy hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties