Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 PM

8 posts, read 54,473 times

Advertisements

I was considering buying a home off the 15 fwy and limonite exit. I think it's called Jurupa Valley. ONly as I drove around the area it smelled so bad that I just couldn't imagine living there. I asked this fellow at the "preserve" and he was saying that after 5 or so years the smell would go away, however the farms are still there so in reality it will still stink all around the area. does anyone live out there and know about what will be happening to the farms? Land O lakes isn't going under as far as I know and the whole area is all cow and horses and more. I love the homes and their prices... but... I don't love it so much as to live with the stink for the rest of my life.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 07:15 PM

160 posts, read 865,811 times
You're soooooo right! But you know what? The cattle farms in the eastern part of Chino just moved from there (I don't know where though) last week, starting with the 1st of July. One day they were still there, the next day they were gone. Now there are only strawberry fields there. Maybe they are going to move those farms from Jurupa Valley too.

But did you visit the new townhomes from eastern Chino? They are brand new and just beautiful. Just asking.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
I was just up there 2 weekends ago, skated Harada and Huber skateparks just off Limonite.

I don't know how much longer the farms will be there, but I will tell you it's gonna be tough to tell which house is yours and which one's the neighbor's ;-)

Old 07-06-2007, 06:39 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Chino used to be known for its farming.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:27 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
You get used to it after a while. My grandparents live in chino and anytime the winds pick up we get that smell. After a while you get used to it.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:09 PM

8 posts, read 54,473 times
Talking I've been to the east side of Chino too yes...

I work in Diamond Bar, which was the only reason I look around in Chino and limonite areas. My husband is not accepting of the smell so I guess that area won't work for us. So back to the drawing board.

I have to admit though stinky or not... they have some nice homes out there. Anyone notice the prices going down? I noticed the townhomes went down drastically off limonite.

too bad... maybe a good investment depending on the development of teh area. Only who would rent it when they could buy in the area anyhow...oh well.. just a sudden thought.

thanks for everyones input.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:21 AM

376 posts, read 1,506,052 times
I would recommend you do your homework and check out the air quality in that area as it is one of the worse places in the IE. The smog settles in the valley plus the methane gas from the cows doesn't help!

That area does have some great home prices as they continue to build in the IE so good deals are to be had.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 20,506 times
Default Check out the Preserve

I agree, the smell in the Jarupa and Corona Valley is awful. I love going to It's a Grind in the new Albertson's center off Archibald. But, you really do have to hold your breath when you get out of the car and run into the place! The smell comes and goes at The Preserve. It's all a matter of which way the wind is blowing. It's a nice up and coming area with a great facility, lots of families and access to good schools.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:08 PM

777 posts, read 3,197,868 times
Call me weird, but I don't mind the smell, but then again look where I live I don't think it smells nearly as bad as it used to. Guess I'm more of a nature person than a cement city kinda person.
As far as air quality, I think it used to be worse than it is now. Seems like I see the mountains more than I used to. I bet San Bernadino is worse. Seems like the wind always blows down the I15 corridor to keep it cleaned out a bit.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 32,107 times
i dont know why some ppl want the cows to be gone.. if u hate the smell so bad dont move there. ive lived there all my life and have very little sympethy for ppl not liking the smell. the dairys were there first i dont understand why some ppl think we owe them something. the last few months i lived at my house or my dairy.. people were so desrespectful to us! i couldnt believe it. some lady came to my house and started pulling out the rose bushes.. i dont have a problem with ppl that move here. i have a problem with ppl that completely disrespect my town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties