Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 PM

14 posts, read 79,899 times

Advertisements

I am typing this up to share what I know with other and to help me think out loud while I am trying to decide on which homes to choose. All of these I am listing are all One Story Homes in the Eastvale, CA

1) Shea Homes - Newbridge - $384,900 / 2344 Sq Ft
$85.00 HOA Fee
Avonlea | Plan 0401 Model | Shea Homes
Nice potential front courtyard if you invest landscape into. Unique dinning room design making the hallway bright and nice. Very open space when you enter the building. Standard granite kitchen and stainless steel appliances (minus frig). Negative is microwave above the cooktop. Title flooring and carpet flooring standard.

2) Shea Homes - Carmondy - $404,900 / 2938 Sq Ft
Avonlea | Plan 0001 Model | Shea Homes
$85.00 HOA Fee
Unique design where you have a nice large loft upstair. Though it is one story, technically it is two, because the second floor house a large loft to be used as bonus room. Each bedroom is a tad small or the standard size I suppose. The master bedroom is deep. A lot of windows toward the back. The main entrance does feel a bit dark and giving the size of the house, you wonder where all of the spaces went (if you did not take upstair into account) Standard granite kitchen and stainless steel appliances (minus frig). Negative is microwave above the cooktop. Title flooring and carpet flooring standard.

3) Lennar Homes - College Park

4) Standard Pacific - Riverstone- $406,705 / 2734 Sq Ft
New Homes for Sale by Standard Pacific Homes - New Home Builders (http://www.standardpacifichomes.com/new-homes/southern-california/inland-empire/riverleaf/Plans/residence-1a-riverleaf.aspx#elevation?0 - broken link)
Small Lots, no large available. Quality is okay, each room are small. Home feel tight and layout doesn't seem to flow. A bit pricey given the offering compared to Shea or KB.

5) KB Homes - Newbury - Plan 6 - $426,900 / 3056 Sq Ft.
Eastvale, CA - New Homes - Newbury at the Enclave a KB Home Community
Gated community with $175.00 HOA. Exact same floor plan as Alpine III. Come standard with Solar Panel, granite kitchen, and stainless steel appliances. Other are upgrade. Garage Side Door, upgrade where other builders are standard. See more detail #6 below.

6) KB Homes - Alpine III - Plan 6 - $399,900 / 3056 Sq Ft.
KB Home - Eastvale, CA - Plan Six (http://www.kbhome.com/Plan~PlanID~00350625-160.3056.aspx - broken link)
It share the exact same floor plan as KB Homes Enclaves Gated Community. NO HOA. However, they scale down on the offering to keep the price low. They cut back on what other above comes standard such. No granite kitchen, no stainless steel. No cooktop stove. Single oven. They use laminate flooring and kitchen top. Extremely open space style design. Large bedroom (overside bedroom as they call it). High celing and tall doors. Garage Side Door, upgrade where other builders are standard.Odd part is Master Bedroom door is directly next to the kitchen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:47 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,970,039 times
Those aren't overpriced for Eastvale?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:32 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,980,675 times
Yea, I was gonna say the same thing. Eastvale isn't THAT nice. Really big newer homes but I'm sure those HOA's will increase big time in a few years. Look into Mello Roos as well. I'd be surprised if there isn't any with how many parks the city already has.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:06 PM

14 posts, read 79,899 times
I don't believe they are over priced. The Lennar @ College Park in Chino are about the same price with an HOA around $75.00 right now.

Given the amount of lot size (averages around 8k) and home size (averages around 2200), the price is fairly decent. Compared to Tustin or Brea, for the exact same house size, you can easily go beyond 700k. Take a look at Blackstone Community by Shea and Standard Pacific in Brea. They average in the mid 800k for approx same house size.

The city so far from the last 5 years have more than triple in size. I think it will continue to grow due to the location and price it offers.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:59 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,980,675 times
They have already used most of the prime areas to build homes. I work all over Eastvale and Limonite is already way too congested during peak times and the weekend. I think in two more years, the population will top out. Its at about 45k and I think it'll top at 65k at the most.

Not sure how you can compare Brea to Eastvale. If you work westward, living in Eastvale is a god awful commute. Either you take the 15 to 91 where the 91 sucks. Or you take the 15 to the 60/10 which the 15 is slammed as is the 60 or 10. If you work in Riverside or San Bernardino, the 15 N is slammed in the morning but it wouldn't be that bad of a commute.

The far end of Eastvale close to Chino literally smells like crap due to the farms. There are some brand new complexes right next to mile long farms followed by a prison.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM

23 posts, read 110,519 times
Actually, the newer homes are quite expensive compared to the pre-owned homes. But thats a matter of preference. The prices are still very low compared to other OC areas. But those that don't mind the commute, or have jobs close by, Eastvale can be ideal. Yes, its still growing. Actually they still have quite a bit of land still available to develop. Eastvale boundary goes all the way up to 60fwy between hamner and 15 fwy. I actually do see a lot of young families moving in, so in my personal opinion, Eastvale does have potential to become a very nice city, especially if the schools continue to get better, and maybe get some corporate offices?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,970,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow2010 View Post
Actually, the newer homes are quite expensive compared to the pre-owned homes. But thats a matter of preference. The prices are still very low compared to other OC areas. But those that don't mind the commute, or have jobs close by, Eastvale can be ideal. Yes, its still growing. Actually they still have quite a bit of land still available to develop. Eastvale boundary goes all the way up to 60fwy between hamner and 15 fwy. I actually do see a lot of young families moving in, so in my personal opinion, Eastvale does have potential to become a very nice city, especially if the schools continue to get better, and maybe get some corporate offices?
You know Eastvale isn't in OC right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties