Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 3,094 times

Advertisements

I'm currently at a community college and will be transferring to UCR next fall. I was going to finish classes here next semester but things have happened and I rather move to Riverside at the end of this semester and start at the community college there until I transfer. I've been googling areas to live around there and it's very overwhelming. I don't know anything about the neighboring communities. I have a two year old daughter an would prefer not to commute long since it would mean more time away from her. I'd also prefer not to have a roommate since I don't know many who would want to have a toddler around anyways and I'm over the roommate phase. I'm a veteran and will be using my educational benefits which is about $1300 for housing. I would like to use as little as that as possible so I can save any extra in case my benefits don't kick in one month. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 03:18 PM

3 posts, read 3,094 times
Somebody has to have some sort of suggestion

Old 11-17-2013, 09:03 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardacey View Post
I'm currently at a community college and will be transferring to UCR next fall. I was going to finish classes here next semester but things have happened and I rather move to Riverside at the end of this semester and start at the community college there until I transfer. I've been googling areas to live around there and it's very overwhelming. I don't know anything about the neighboring communities. I have a two year old daughter an would prefer not to commute long since it would mean more time away from her. I'd also prefer not to have a roommate since I don't know many who would want to have a toddler around anyways and I'm over the roommate phase. I'm a veteran and will be using my educational benefits which is about $1300 for housing. I would like to use as little as that as possible so I can save any extra in case my benefits don't kick in one month. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Check out the Quail Creek apartments on Arlington Ave. Reasonable rent and area is not bad, not the fanciest but ok. They have a variety of apartment styles. At 1300 per month even in Riverside houses for rent are close to that for even a 2 bedroom in a decent area. There are some neighborhoods you could also rent a small 2 bedroom home for maybe 6-750 per month, but a pretty nice area will run you about a 1000 at least, so maybe an apartment would be best for now.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:50 PM

27 posts, read 58,009 times
i would es say search around moreno valley
but i es not too sure about it myself
perhaps look into buying a condo
with VA benfits and $1300 i es be a baller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties