Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:09 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times

Advertisements

I went shopping today @ walmart in redlands & i dont plan to shop there again. Two pan handlers (black older males) approached me for money & gave me lip when i said no. Both of them were in regular wheelchairs & one of them i saw get out of his chair & run to the other side of the dirty parking lot to hit some lady up for money. Parking is a ***** & the store is often too crowded. I live about the same distance to walmart in beaumont so ill stick with a much better, safer, less congested & cleaner store. I was in loma linda today so thats why i went to the redlands walmart. There were also 2 signature gatherers at the main entrance & exit & they are annoying as ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
I get hit up in the parking lot of WN in Fontana on the few times I've been there. None of that happens at the Target, which I prefer over WM anyway.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:00 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
I've seen these same men in wheelchairs at the Redlands Walmart. Both are faking it since they both get up on of the chair and walk back to their car (which is a Cadillac Escalade). They've been there off and on for at least 6 months.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:36 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,015,084 times
The IE has nothing like the number of panhandlers I encountered when I lived in Chicago.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,387 times
Just another reason not to go to any Walmart.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
When i left walmart after paying for my stuff the walmart employee at the door asked to see my receipt. She looked it over & looked in my cart & then marked the receipt with a yellow marker. Why do they do this ?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
When i left walmart after paying for my stuff the walmart employee at the door asked to see my receipt. She looked it over & looked in my cart & then marked the receipt with a yellow marker. Why do they do this ?
The same reason they do it at Costco, Sam's Club, etc.

The way I deal with panhandlers (we have a road famous for it out here): Give them some equally lame excuse as the one they are giving you.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 AM

280 posts, read 572,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I've seen these same men in wheelchairs at the Redlands Walmart. Both are faking it since they both get up on of the chair and walk back to their car (which is a Cadillac Escalade). They've been there off and on for at least 6 months.
These people work in crews. (Some numbering into the 100s). They try every trick in the book to part your cash into their hands. These crews bring in hundreds if not thousands of dollars a DAY praying for your sympathy and loose cash. Then they pool their ill-gotten monies and buy Escalades and nice houses, fuel their alcohol/drug habits and do it again the next day. I NEVER EVER give to panhandlers (its usually a scam, drug/alcohol abuse, or folks like these that make more an hour panhandling then I do working), I give to a proven charity. Police usually have no recourse against them because they usually break no laws (except possibly trespassing on private property or some strange local ordinance) and district attorneys do not prosecute because of cost, jail overcrowding and possible constitutional rights (freedom of assembly).

If a person is truly needy, buy them food. They will be more then gracious for something in their tummies. A scammer will usually scoff at you for the offer.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 AM

62 posts, read 283,328 times
They are running scams . I have seen the same people claiming they ran out of gas . They usually work the scam at busy gas stations near major freeways . I saw the same guy in his Toyota pickup and cardboard sign (out of gas ) every Wednesday morning on our route .

There was a woman and her baby at another gas station that worked the tourist traffic every weekend . One day , she fed me her line , and I told her " I am not a tourist lady , I live down the street and know what your doing" . "
I'm surprised no one had called the Sheriff for exposing your child to this .

Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 AM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
It is a way of having more and more control over you. First the yellow marker, then they will want to pat you down and check your papers. It is all a gradula way to make you docile and accept the new world order. The only way to stop this is to say a gentle "no" and keep walking. If they try to stop you then you have grounds for a lawsuit for illegal search and seizure.

We need to stand against this tyranny or fall into the sheeple pen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties