Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM

11 posts, read 24,049 times

Advertisements

We are considering relocating from the east coast to north SD county. However, I've been checking out Temecula online b/c the name has popped up so often for great schools and affordable housing. We're looking for a larger home, 4,500+ sq ft, with at least 1/2 acre, preferably a pool, with a price range of $750-$800k. This does not seem at all doable in areas like Carlsbad, Encinitas and Poway. Are there communities/neighborhoods that would fit these criteria in Temecula? I'm a stay at home mom and my husband works mostly from home. It seems most schools in the area are pretty good, although we may homeschool, at least the first year. Thanks...

Last edited by Sstevens09; 05-10-2012 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Grammatical error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 04:29 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,882 times
you can get a beautiful property with that type of money in temecula...in the winecountry for example..take contact with an agent,but be aware of the other problems in temecula,before you decide to move hier...read my older posts

Old 05-18-2012, 01:56 PM

416 posts, read 637,645 times
SSteven - i'm not going to go thru all of Bub's posts/threads.

finding a house that large will severely limit your search range no matter where you are looking. however, a few temecula valley areas stand out and i will list them by school district:

temecula -
meadowview (older homes, large lots, probably find it hard to get a 4500 sf house though)
wine country (east of temecula, large lots and big homes)
area south of Pauba, east of Ynez, north of de portola, and west of margarita
on occassion you will find a house on a larger lot (end of cul de sac) in one of the other development areas

De Luz (big avocado/citrus area to west of temecula) - it's technically murrieta schools

La Cresta - huge homes, large lots, north of De Luz and west of Murrieta (i think it's murrieta schools)

Between Murrieta, Winchester and Hemet, there is an unicorporated area that falls in the Murrieta school district. large lots and an occassional large home

not much difference between murrieta and temecula school districts.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 PM

1,176 posts, read 3,181,663 times
We saw some nice new homes in a gated community (KB, I think) a few miles south of Temecula, on the east side of Fallbrook. Probably too small for you, but if you do an Internet search you might see something. Homes we saw seemed to start in the high $300s, but mainly over $400k, and they were starting to build larger, more expensive homes there. A bit less crowded than Temecula area, and a tad cooler, but also not as close to shopping, etc. You can find some new or almost new homes for sale by doing an Internet search or contacting a realtor (you're under no obligation to them). We worked with one realtor in the area who came highly recommended by a friend, if you want to PM me.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM

3 posts, read 7,901 times
Yes you can definitely find a beautiful, large pool home, with at least 1/2 acre lot, in a great community, with your budget. Most schools are highly rated.

Some Temecula communities you should look into:
Meadowview: generally low HOAs, property taxes 1.1-1.2%. Custom homes with at least 1/2 acre lots,
Santiago Estates: no HOA, 5000 sq ft homes, at least 2.5 acres lots, property taxes 1.1-1.2%, a little higher price range but I just saw a few homes in your budget.
Both communities are centrally located.

Otherwise, look into wine country or De Luz.

Moderator cut: links removed

I love, or I should say my kids love, the various classes and activities that the city offers.

Last edited by Count David; 06-08-2012 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: new members are not allowed to post links

Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 AM

22 posts, read 75,774 times
a qucik zillow search shows 494 properties within that price range - you will NOT having a problem finding something. most really nice neighborhoors here are far less expensive

92592 Real Estate & 92592 Homes for Sale - Zillow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties