Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmu2 View Post
because of the mild weather
That's a first...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
That's a first...
Yep ..... nuthin' like some good 'ol outdoor livin' ........... in 300 degree heat .......

Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,365 times
Palm Springs is so hot... I was in Palm Springs around late-July last year and it BLAZING hot.

My wife said her shoes' soles were literally starting to melt.

It was the hottest climate I have ever experienced in my life.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,375 times
Default Could there possibly be a better place than Palm Springs to relocate too?

Hi. I just read this post and want to say, I was recently in Palm Springs and the surrounding areas for two weeks. It was fabulous! I am a teacher and am planning to relocate there by choice. Because: even when the weather is hot in the summer months it is dry heat. I know what humidity is,originally from Iowa currently live in St Louis. The sustained culture in Palm Springs brings people there from all over the country. I think that one reply was correct. You have to spend time there to see if it clicks. I look forward to being in the education arena in a place that is selective and have a poole of very experienced and caring professionals. Remember there are alot of retirees that only spend the school months there and want to keep busy somewhat in their profession. So if they are there, your children get the benefit of experienced professionals that do not need a job, but just want to help the community. With the housing crash I saw alot of empty places, so most likely you will be able to negotiate. People that I met there have class and sophistication. They may have money but they are not snobs. Anyway hope my info contributed in a positive fashion. Good luck and who knows we may end up meeting some day.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:11 AM

Jodi, it's "pool", not "poole", and "a lot", not "alot".

Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,353 times
no

Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 PM

This week I feel like I'm living in a 'vomitorium' (yes, I'm referring to the myth) with that nasty Salton Sea sewer-dead fish-sulphur smell!!!!! I feel like I'm gonna puke!!!!! I am SO over it already!!! As far as humidity goes, this has been the worst summer since I've lived here (over 15 years) and it seems the summers are getting worse with each passing year. The humidity is worse, and with that comes that gawd-awful Salton Sea smell that gets trapped in the valley by the humidity. I can't wait to move outta here - another 2 years max! I've enjoyed the desert, but it isn't what it used to be. Heck, maybe I'm not what I used to be!!!

Ok ..... rant over. I think the sewer smell is pickling my brain. Nothin' like living in a toilet, eh???!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
This week I feel like I'm living in a 'vomitorium' (yes, I'm referring to the myth) with that nasty Salton Sea sewer-dead fish-sulphur smell!!!!! I feel like I'm gonna puke!!!!! I am SO over it already!!! As far as humidity goes, this has been the worst summer since I've lived here (over 15 years) and it seems the summers are getting worse with each passing year. The humidity is worse, and with that comes that gawd-awful Salton Sea smell that gets trapped in the valley by the humidity. I can't wait to move outta here - another 2 years max! I've enjoyed the desert, but it isn't what it used to be. Heck, maybe I'm not what I used to be!!!

Ok ..... rant over. I think the sewer smell is pickling my brain. Nothin' like living in a toilet, eh???!!!

Hahahaha.

I have never been to the Salton Sea, but I can imagine what it smells like.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

It is funny you mentioned the Salton Sea, obviously seeing it on the map, close by I was wondering if that caused any humid or smelly problems. I have read about it so I do have some knowledge, and know one doesnt go swimming there, plus it looks like a desert waste land....

Where do you want to move, I though you really loved the desert? I want to retire in PS, or Rancho, somewhere nice.....but really, coming from NY, I don't want to go anywhere where there is humidity.

You know this past August, between the fires (Joshua Tree)and the humidity, I was a little disapointed......drats !

I still love it, but hate humidity

Old 09-05-2012, 03:00 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Palm Springs can be great but, there are too many lowlifes/thugs/gangsters/parolees/druggies/criminals/thieves that bring down the whole scene. In their absence, the city has its moments, lots of wealth, nice restaurants, flashy cars, good looking/fit/friendly people who are just out to have a nice time. Hot as hell in summer but that's what air conditioners are for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties