Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

If Wisewoman59 thinks she's going to escape hot Summers and brown by moving to Boise, she's in for a disappointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjianna View Post
I am sure there are wonderful people here, but I personally have not met a single one.
Whenever I see a statement like this, I can't help but think "Maybe it's something to do with you." I don't even live in the same county as Temecula and I've met some incredibly nice people during my frequent trips there.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 PM

458 posts, read 1,263,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjianna View Post
Dear God, if there was ever a topic I have to reply to, it is this one. Just tonight I sat here thinking "I need to reply to someone's post about Temecula before they too make the mistake of moving here." I have wanted to get this off my chest for, oh...10 months...which happens to be how long I have lived in Temecula.

I was EXACTLY in your shoes. I am originally from Ohio, very similar to PA. Please remember that as you read this post.

I moved from Ohio in 2004 to Phoenix, AZ. Loved it and lived there for over 7 years. Just moved to Temecula several months ago, and I cannot even express to you how I regret my decision.

Let me clarify to you one thing. You need to be VERY careful whose opinion you ask for when you ask about Temecula. People from LA will say its great. People from LA are also used to horrible traffic, rude people, low class people and paying out the nose for a shack to live in.

No, I am not lumping all of CA people into the "rude bunch of a@@holes" description here. In fact I have met so many wonderful, nice, kind individuals in San Diego (LOVE SD!), Sacramento, many other cities. One of those cities is NOT LA!! Temecula has alot of LA type of people. EXTREMELY rude. I CANNOT even express to you how rude. TERRIBLE road rage...Terrible! Everyone is out for themselves, and my ratio of rude people to decent people is LITERALLY 9:10. Perhaps I just had bad luck here, but I think not. If you delve deeper into the "underbelly" of Temecula, you WILL find things like "Just a bunch of low class people" "lots of dirtbikes, lifted trucks" "It's like LA threw up". The last comment is spot on to me. We are half way between LA and SD in Temecula, but the people REALLY are LA, NOT SD type.

In my few months living here, I can literally tell you that I have seen at least a dozen ADULT drivers, driving around with large stickers/wraps/etc on their cars saying things like: "B*tches!" (across the back of a family type, lifted of course, suburban, took up the WHOLE back window, large white perm letters) the second that sticks out in my mind is the soccer mom type driving around in her compact with the words "Steel Nuts" in large letters across her drivers side door (perm sticker type letters). Really? Yes...really. Oh by the way, the suburban guy had a "Temecula dealership license plate frame. perhaps both were just driving through? Hm, perhaps...but I think not. Say bye-bye to class here.

If you move here expect to be treated like dirt, Run into rude people everywhere you go. No one is professional, no one is nice. Lots of "WHITE TRASH". A small area of Temecula is nice, the wineries are nice, but most of this town is terrible. Aesthetically it is a very beautiful area! But the people here kill it for me. I simply count my lucky stars that I did not buy here and can move out in a few months. If I could afford a nice area in SD I'd go in a heartbeat. Temecula is cheap for a reason. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Coming from PA will simply be a culture shock for you. Do not expect East Coast class, do not expect neighborly kindness, and definitely do not expect complete strangers to even so much as smile.

Bash me if you will Temecula people, but this has been my experience here. I am sure there are wonderful people here, but I personally have not met a single one.

If I were you and you were set on CA, please for the love of all that is holy, rent here first to see if it is for you. Or simply don't waste your time, and find a different city!

On another note, it is extremely small. A few restaurants, a few chain stores, nothing special or unusual. Also, if you are looking for something in a certain store and that chain store does not have it, expect to have to drive to the outskirts of LA or SD. Temecula is terrible because it is in the middle of nowhere. It is an hour from the beach as well.

On to AZ. Only you can make the choice between the two, but let me tell you this. I miss the sunsets. I miss the beautiful desert! I miss the KIND people. I miss the simplicity. I miss the cheap housing. I miss so much, and I only lived there 7 years. It was home to me. When I left Ohio I never looked back, AZ was the place for me. SO much open land! So much to explore, so much to enjoy! CLASSY places like Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Rio Verde, Cave Creek! I miss it all so very much. Yes, I know what you are saying "Move back then!" Don't worry, I am! As soon as my lease is up!

Yes AZ is hot, yes there is no ocean, but beautiful SD is only a 5 hour drive. Now if you can afford SD go for it, by all means! But if you a "normal Joe" you will get so much more for your money in a Place like Glendale, AZ. Glendale isnt awful, you might want to stay away from places like Mesa, tempe, Chandler, etc. Glendale is your average suburban city, but is clean and friendly and cheap. Places like Scottsdale, and Cave Creek are a bit nicer, but it really depends what you are looking for! My opinion is go to AZ, get away in the summers (because you will have enough money to do so, since you don't live in CA!) Temecula is pretty yes, but not worth dealing with the majority which are rude low class people/mentality, and I wouldn't pay these prices to live here, not in a million years.

I really want to keep this post and the responses civil. I probably won't check back here, but felt like I had to speak my mind. Again I am not attacking every single person in Temecula, this has just been my personal experience. A little about me, so you know where I am coming from and what I was looking for: Mother of one child, married, average 80K+ income.

I certainly hope this helps you!
Makes me wonder where in Temecula do you live? Because I have not experienced any of this and have lived here for 3+ years. Previous to moving to Temecula we lived in San Diego and before that we came from Western NY.

Oh and I agree with Fontucky, if you have someone who can't find a single nice person out of 100,000+ then maybe they should look in the mirror. Most people are friendly or just keep to themselves. I have never experienced anyone who was rude.

I do agree with Kat, you should rent first wherever you decide to live.

I am not sure where she gets the thought of a few restaurants? To me a few would be 2-3 or maybe 10, There are many restaurants all over Temecula.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Whenever I see a statement like this, I can't help but think "Maybe it's something to do with you." I don't even live in the same county as Temecula and I've met some incredibly nice people during my frequent trips there.
I agree 100%. People that say those things need to look in the mirror to see where the problem lies.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalysd View Post
Makes me wonder where in Temecula do you live? Because I have not experienced any of this and have lived here for 3+ years. Previous to moving to Temecula we lived in San Diego and before that we came from Western NY.

Oh and I agree with Fontucky, if you have someone who can't find a single nice person out of 100,000+ then maybe they should look in the mirror. Most people are friendly or just keep to themselves. I have never experienced anyone who was rude.

I do agree with Kat, you should rent first wherever you decide to live.

I am not sure where she gets the thought of a few restaurants? To me a few would be 2-3 or maybe 10, There are many restaurants all over Temecula.
I wouldn't pay any attention to her ranting. She obviously has a personal problem. We have lived here for 10 years. prior to that we lived in San Diego and many other areas of the country. The people here are very friendly and our neighbors are great. Of course I have always found nice people just about everywhere we have been. Even some in LA.

There are a few hundred restaurants in Temecula/Murrieta and some pretty good ones.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 AM

458 posts, read 1,263,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I wouldn't pay any attention to her ranting. She obviously has a personal problem. We have lived here for 10 years. prior to that we lived in San Diego and many other areas of the country. The people here are very friendly and our neighbors are great. Of course I have always found nice people just about everywhere we have been.Even some in LA.

There are a few hundred restaurants in Temecula/Murrieta and some pretty good ones.
Even some in LA.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times
I have lived in Arizona in May for 20 years. I know live near Prescott, AZ. Most people that live here are from California. Allot from San Diego. I find people that live in Arizona are much friendlier than in California. And it is much easier to drive in Phoenix versus LA or SD.

People have mentioned the road rage in Temecula and "YES" in 2009, I was visiting and found it to be true. And people there are not as friendly as they are in Arizona and the traffic in Temecula during rush hour is horrible. I am still trying to decide if I want to live there versus Arizona but I lean toward living here for the rest of my life.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
I have lived in Arizona in May for 20 years. I know live near Prescott, AZ. Most people that live here are from California. Allot from San Diego. I find people that live in Arizona are much friendlier than in California. And it is much easier to drive in Phoenix versus LA or SD.

People have mentioned the road rage in Temecula and "YES" in 2009, I was visiting and found it to be true. And people there are not as friendly as they are in Arizona and the traffic in Temecula during rush hour is horrible. I am still trying to decide if I want to live there versus Arizona but I lean toward living here for the rest of my life.
Your experience is certainly much different than mine.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM

27 posts, read 77,813 times
If you decide on Glendale, a word to the wise would be to stay as far NW as can can, The Arrowhead area of Glendale is probably the nicest area and the Deer Valley School District is the best district in the area. If however you can find employment in the Temecula area of southern California, there are some very nice areas within a reasonable commute of Temecula, particularly those in north San Diego County. In addition, there's no question that the weather is far superior in the San Diego area to that of Phoenix.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Agree 1000% I live in Temecula. Although I'll be moving to Seattle for my own reasons, Temecula has been a wonderful place. Not in my wildest imagination can I imagine someone writing a comment like that user.

OP, in every place on earth you can find at least one or two people who think it's hell on earth. Use the search feature on this forum and look at the totality of opinions. I think you will conclude that Temecula is a nice place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties