Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:55 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Well, it is true that the chart poster was a student of the great ytg ...
Just silly. But I will give him this...he certainly was brighter than most who post in CD.

However poverty has been slowly increasing since 2004. National Poverty Center | University of Michigan

Also the gap between the rich and the poor is indeed widening.

Rich-Poor Gap Widens to Most Since 1967 as Income Falls - Bloomberg

This certainly affects peoples attitdude in society.

It does not take much to find rudeness in our society. Just look at how some of the posters on this thread behave when they can't carry on a simple discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Move to Clovis.

I think I told you in a previous thread (you gave me my first rep) that I have had a man convicted of a felony for a $100.00 claim that he fraudulently filed. I see less fraud overall now, compared to the 90's. Our in-house investigator was retired FBI and we take a dim view on any fraud. YMMV.

In the meantime I invite you to Coco Butternuts thread where we toured the 50's, 60's and 70's last night.

//www.city-data.com/forum/music...favorites.html
Cool music link

I recall that rep. It was when someone was trying to tell us that there is no workmans comp or disability scamming in CA! But you cleared that up for us

Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Since last posting I have been to both Costco and Wal-Mart. No one cut in front of me, I am sad to say. I was really looking forward to bruising some heels then profusely apologizing. Maybe next time.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
I was at Food-4-Less and Cardenas today. Nuttin, but I was vigilant for them. In fact, the 15 items or less checker at F4L invited me and my full cart over to his empty lane. That's rare.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
**** happens. I'm sure this is no more than a temporary reprieve from the total collapse. They'll be back ( as Ahnold says). End is nigh. Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it's safe to plan for a future for the grandkids. Hang onto your shorts. We're all going down. *klaxon sounds in background*

Last edited by Count David; 02-07-2013 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: expletive

Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 PM

I would like to report that I just drove to a Burger King and no one cut me off or flipped me off. The drivethrough girl was polite and cute which was a nice bonus. She counted back the correct change which was also nice. My order was complete and I even had a napkin and straw in the bag. Fast food is safe for another night.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I would like to report that I just drove to a Burger King and no one cut me off or flipped me off. The drivethrough girl was polite and cute which was a nice bonus. She counted back the correct change which was also nice. My order was complete and I even had a napkin and straw in the bag. Fast food is safe for another night.
I would like to report, that in November 2011, at a McDonald's in St. George, UT, at approximately 0500, the woman serving me in the drive-thru did not give me my change. When I asked for it, she YELLED at me telling me that she had indeed given me my change, but I re-affirmed in an even ruder voice after she yelled at me. She begrudgingly gave me my change and my bagel.

I would also like to report, that in the several hundred drive-thru dealings I've had since then, I have nothing remarkable to share, oh, except McDonald's drive-thrus 'round here don't take plastic at approx 0330.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I would like to report, that in November 2011, at a McDonald's in St. George, UT, at approximately 0500, the woman serving me in the drive-thru did not give me my change. When I asked for it, she YELLED at me telling me that she had indeed given me my change, but I re-affirmed in an even ruder voice after she yelled at me. She begrudgingly gave me my change and my bagel.

I would also like to report, that in the several hundred drive-thru dealings I've had since then, I have nothing remarkable to share, oh, except McDonald's drive-thrus 'round here don't take plastic at approx 0330.
Did you report her to management? When I worked at McDonalds in college I think that would have been a firing offense. I'm not sure though cause they always stuck me in the back with the cute girls in front.

Everything was copasetic on another trip to Costco.

Last edited by Senno; 02-07-2013 at 01:28 PM..

Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Wait!!!! McDonald's has BAGELS????????????? :thin k:

Since when???

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
While picking up a snack (strawberry shake, order of fries) at Farmer Boys last week, the drive-thru girl (that sounds nasty, doesn't it?) neglected to give me the dime I had coming in change. I politely demanded, and received, remittance thereof.

A dime may not mean much to a youngster, but it does to my formerly broke and hungry ass. I even stoop to pick up pennies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties