Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM

123 posts, read 551,654 times

Advertisements

Currently in the North Phoenix suburbs, actually a beautiful master planned community backing up to the mountains with everything you need, but the commute is long and lets face it, summers are a little warm. Have 2 middle school kids and we have spent a lot of time as tourists in San Diego and Orange County (like many Arizonies in the summer). While San Clemente or Carlsbad look great, they are not what we are looking to spend for a safe, kid friendly, great school area, piece of suburbia. I'd like to see the kids able to go outside and do more then go in the pool for 5 months of the year. Looking online in Temecula seems like some pretty nice homes in the low $400's which isn't much different then where we are in Az for a similiar home. Any thoughts on schools, safety, air pollution, allergies, commutes (and traffic?) etc? Any areas to check out or other ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM

215 posts, read 985,533 times
Well There Is A Fire Near Temecula So Hwy 15 Is Closed I Would Stay In Arizona Lots Of Things To Do For The Kids Not To Much In Temecula

Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,717 times
Wink Temecula has been great!

I've lived here for almost 20 years. There was only one signal when we moved here; there are now over 100! Talk about seeing change and growth! We've loved our time here in Temecula, having raised 3 children and meeting many new friends!

With the crazy growth of the last few years, we've definitely experienced many growing pains. Traffic is one of them, but not unlike other areas in California. As a city, I think Temecula tries to address many of these issues. Surrounding cities do not do as good of a job (IMHO).

Booz has no clue about what's available to families and children. This city is the epitome of surburbia, seemingly founded on attracting families with children! From soccer, to Pop Warner, Basketball and Little League, we have all of these activities (both club and recreational) along with many other sports. The city offers movie nights in the park, Rod Runs in Old Town, a chalk painting day on the streets of Old Town. They offer Easter Egg Hunts, Swim Lessons, activities for the 'Mature' citizens and tiny tot programs. I don't know the webpage, but search the City of Temecula's activity guide.

The schools are ranked high, but I personally don't think any California school provides a top-ranked education. California schools have succumbed to teaching to the test, to get additional funding, instead of teaching kids to think. A mistake we will be seeing long-term. There are 3 high schools in Temecula alone, 5 middle schools I can think of right off the bat, and umpteen elementary schools.

If purchasing a house here, in addition to checking out neighborhoods you'll want to ask tax rates. These can go anywhere from 1.2% to 2%. BIG difference.

If you're a church-goer, there are many to choose from, of every denomination.

Bottom line, we've loved it here. We appreciate that all the newcomers have brought great new demographics for shopping, but we hate the newcomers for the traffic they bring and sometimes the attitude.

Good luck in your decision. I will tell you that we're on a 5 year plan. Soon as our youngest graduates ... we're moving to a community with less people, or at least less chaos, and here's a laugh ... we're looking in Arizona!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 PM

58 posts, read 408,790 times
Most people who live in Temecula love it there. I think it's a great place to live, as long as you accept there's a bit of traffic near the freeway off and onramps.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 PM

730 posts, read 1,918,644 times
Default Temecula

While I live in Murrieta, Temecula is a nice city.

Those who say there is nothing to do either lack imagination or have no desire to exert themselves. There is plenty to do in the area.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:15 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,577,547 times
"The Mecca" as some of my friends down south like to call it is very nice.One of S.Cal's best places to live year in and year out.As a matter a fact I have a friend who just left CV for Temecula until Sunday to visit family.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 PM

123 posts, read 551,654 times
I didn't realize the severity of the nearby fires when I posted yesterday. I hope you all stay safe out there. Been through a couple nearby here in AZ and in Colo. Is Temecula affected? Sounds like a great town we'll need to spend some time out there and check it out. As far as the schools go, I think teaching to the test is the rule rather then the exception these days in many places. Any prefered high schools? Gangs? Thanks all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties