Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 12:01 AM

317 posts, read 1,758,585 times

Advertisements

I'm contemplating a career move and I would be a field rep with a territory of San Diego and 'The Inland Empire' I recently moved to south Orange County from the East Coast this year. I'm very familiar with the area now and for me to get a new job with a different territory is exciting yet confusing/scary. Is it desolate? hot? boring/minimal life in ie? I'm wondering if people could comment on the doctor and dental practice opportunities in the inland empire as far as amounts of them and how people apparently differ in the IE compared to SD and OC. I personally seem to be liking things more in SD than OC where I live now, but I guess so-cal is just completely different for anyone if you're used to east coast living. Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 12:56 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Boring and hot...okay place to raise a family (think suburbia with overcrowded freeways) Cheap housing. Then again it is harder to generalize, since the IE is home to over 3 million people (included the eastern deserts, closer to 2 million for the LA/OC/SD suburbs). Typically suburban in nature with a small, but growing urban core in Riverside and Ontario. There are some nicer older suburbs in the Inland Empire (Redlands, Claremont, Upland/San Antonio Heights, parts of Riverside) and newer develops (Temecula, Moreno Valley, Lake Elsinore, Corona, Rancho Cucamonga). Traffic is bad...really bad.
As far as dentist, there is no real difference in the number of dentist per person out in the IE as in SD or OC.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:36 PM

79 posts, read 386,127 times
The Weather is very different. Hot in the Summer, cold in the winter. We actually have frost, unlike many other SoCal cities! Not too bad, San Bernardino (SB) is redeveloping and becoming the next major city with its new in international airport and downtown, were getting new high rise buildings. SB is expected to become the next urban core (More like LA, San Fran, San Diego), while Riverside and Ontario are expexted to be another Santa Ana, and Pasadena.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:12 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,969 times
You realize the previous post was from over 2 years ago, right Salcan?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
You realize the previous post was from over 2 years ago, right Salcan?
love it when these posts suddenly re-appear...I wonder why they dug up again?

Nita

Old 07-03-2012, 12:17 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
San Diego is better! America's Finest City, America's Finest Weather (after Hawaii IMO) and America's Finest Beaches (after Hawaii and Catalina) should not be compared to the likes of smoggy, boring IE! It is too hot in summer there, too cold in winter. Also has a lot of criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties