Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 PM

83 posts, read 343,567 times

Advertisements

Before moving to Texas a year ago Myself, my husband and three children lived in Glendora California with my family. My husband and I are a young family just starting out and did not have the kind of cash it takes to buy a home in those surrounding areas. Now, after a year here we miss our families back in California and desperately want to move back. However, the prices are still out of Range. I wouldn't mind living an hour away from the rest of my family in either, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, or Lake elsinore. I want to stay away from high crime and gangs. Because I have three small children I do care about schools and also want to make sure that my area does not get overrun by any one particular race. Diversity is fine. My husband sells cars and I would like to know if there are Big Car lots nearby, or would he have to commute? And if you can tell me a little about these areas and which you think may be the best based on home price and wholesomeness.
Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 07:32 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellypink View Post
Before moving to Texas a year ago Myself, my husband and three children lived in Glendora California with my family. My husband and I are a young family just starting out and did not have the kind of cash it takes to buy a home in those surrounding areas. Now, after a year here we miss our families back in California and desperately want to move back. However, the prices are still out of Range. I wouldn't mind living an hour away from the rest of my family in either, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, or Lake elsinore. I want to stay away from high crime and gangs. Because I have three small children I do care about schools and also want to make sure that my area does not get overrun by any one particular race. Diversity is fine. My husband sells cars and I would like to know if there are Big Car lots nearby, or would he have to commute? And if you can tell me a little about these areas and which you think may be the best based on home price and wholesomeness.
Thanks so much.
You might want to stay put if you have jobs and are making it in Texas. The housing industry has tanked and it's affected so many people. Car sales are down in Ca. and people are leaving again. My hubby has been out of work for 4 months and it's not looking so good for us. We might have to leave the state next year if nothing pops up..There's just too many people living here vying for limited jobs...It's very depressing..

Old 12-22-2007, 09:45 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,486 times
From Menifee you would be 1/2 hour from auto plazas in Temecula, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, and Moreno Valley. It is a nice area. More affordable than Temecula / Murrieta. Much better air quality than Moreno Valley or Perris.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 AM

264 posts, read 616,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
You might want to stay put if you have jobs and are making it in Texas. The housing industry has tanked and it's affected so many people. Car sales are down in Ca. and people are leaving again. My hubby has been out of work for 4 months and it's not looking so good for us. We might have to leave the state next year if nothing pops up..There's just too many people living here vying for limited jobs...It's very depressing..
I would have to agree. The vehicle sales market is getting hit just as hard as housing right now. A good friend of mine owns his own vehicle resale business and buys cars from auction. The list of cars and RVs at auction due to repo activity is at an all time high. He has not sold a single car in months.

The good news is the housing markets demise is making housing very affordable again if you get in at the bottom.

Good luck!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 AM

Another question,
do you think a family of five can make it on a 65K/yr Job (I don't want to work just yet, my youngest is only one yrs old.) We have about 60K down payment, is it even possible???

Old 01-04-2008, 10:05 AM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,996 times
Quote:
do you think a family of five can make it on a 65K/yr Job (I don't want to work just yet, my youngest is only one yrs old.) We have about 60K down payment, is it even possible???
I think renting would be adviseable. You can never be sure about an area until you've live there a few months. Plus home prices look like they will continue going down as the number of foreclosures keep increasing.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,101,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
I think renting would be adviseable. You can never be sure about an area until you've live there a few months. Plus home prices look like they will continue going down as the number of foreclosures keep increasing.
Good idea vfrpilot on renting. We will most likely rent when we move back to Ca too for the first few months to a year or so. We are moving to a County that I'm not too familiar with so renting for awhile and finding out about all the different cities and areas is what we are thinking for us.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:24 PM

71 posts, read 309,683 times
Lake Elsinore is close to Ontario's Dealerships. An affordable house for 65k a yr would be somewhere around 200,000 no higher than 230,000.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Renting in CA is a good idea right now. What's happening here is that there are so many renters now that landlords can't blow the rental prices out of the statosphere because the rental market is very competitive right now. A lot of landlords are offering deals to get tenants right now rather than have their rental units sit vacant.

If you are in a position to buy a home in CA right now, it is also a good time to buy with all the homes going into foreclosure, but prices are still on the downturn so if you can wait and buy later that is even better.

On a side note - if your husband sells Dodge products and can give me a sweet deal on a 2008 6.1L Hemi Challenger SRT8, I would be interested in purchasing from him!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 PM

yes,
Twinkle toes...
my husband does sell Dodge...
He can sell you at invoice...
pick up in Fort Worth Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties