Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 12:17 AM

296 posts, read 238,561 times

Advertisements

I agree with mbell75. It's still one of the nicer places in the IE. However, with any growth, there will always be changes. It's California!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 03:10 AM

17 posts, read 55,332 times
Yucaipa is a great place do not let the OP fool you. Yucaipa is definitely one the nicer cities in the San Bernardino area. I have lived here almost my entire life and I can tell you it is still a beautiful place.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:06 PM

239 posts, read 661,134 times
Sadly I feel this is more of a California problem rather than just Yucaipa as other have mentioned as well. Jobs are fleeing the state, taxes and cost of living are high, welfare is climbing fast, and wide open borders aren't helping either. Look at the threads in the California forums, Victorville, San Bernadino, Barstow, Perris, Mo Valley, Fontana, Rancho Cucomunga. You will see a common theme and it includes rising crime, gangs, horrible job markets, etc. the crazy thing is that Californians just said yes to for more years of the same only 3 months ago in November. I hate to leave but I see the writing on the wall. Even my wife is onboard now. The research begins.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:35 PM

296 posts, read 238,561 times
Sad, but very true Tool Shed. Simply put ... this state is getting what it continues to vote for. In other words, it get's what it deserves.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:13 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
Sadly I feel this is more of a California problem rather than just Yucaipa as other have mentioned as well. Jobs are fleeing the state, taxes and cost of living are high, welfare is climbing fast, and wide open borders aren't helping either. Look at the threads in the California forums, Victorville, San Bernadino, Barstow, Perris, Mo Valley, Fontana, Rancho Cucomunga. You will see a common theme and it includes rising crime, gangs, horrible job markets, etc. the crazy thing is that Californians just said yes to for more years of the same only 3 months ago in November. I hate to leave but I see the writing on the wall. Even my wife is onboard now. The research begins.
Wow, and you are in a nice area...we considered going there when we made "the big move" 4 years ago. Still have friends there. Well, good luck to you. I miss SoCal like crazy, but had to go...

Old 01-12-2015, 07:44 PM

65 posts, read 81,212 times
I wonder if the OP calling Yucaipa ghetto just implied there are more black/brown faces, than back in the good old days? Yucaipa is still very nice as are large section of Mo' Valley, Fontana, and Rancho Cucamunga. These cities have some low income areas that translate into "dangerous" for those not from that ethnic background. While within those communities their are good hard working law abiding citizen. It's just one person make a generalization of whole communities and people who never have sat foot in those communities, parrot the same untruth's. North Fontana is a wonderful place to live, most of the housing in Rancho is $300k and above and Victoria Garden is the leading open air shopping place in the IE.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longslim View Post
I wonder if the OP calling Yucaipa ghetto just implied there are more black/brown faces, than back in the good old days? Yucaipa is still very nice as are large section of Mo' Valley, Fontana, and Rancho Cucamunga. These cities have some low income areas that translate into "dangerous" for those not from that ethnic background. While within those communities their are good hard working law abiding citizen. It's just one person make a generalization of whole communities and people who never have sat foot in those communities, parrot the same untruth's. North Fontana is a wonderful place to live, most of the housing in Rancho is $300k and above and Victoria Garden is the leading open air shopping place in the IE.
But what about...San Bernardino, Hesperia, Colton, Rialto, Adelanto, Victorville, Apple Valley, Barstow? They are IE, how are they doing??

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 01-13-2015 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: Because I Felt Like It

Old 01-13-2015, 10:45 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longslim View Post
NO! They're probably calling it "ghetto" because they see more shifty people and loiterers, people walking in herds at intersections and glaring at motorists as they cross the intersection, people begging at the gas stations, more people driving SUVs with spinning rims and bling-bling nails at 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon while the normal population is at work! That IS ghetto! No denying it. FYI: none of the people I'm referring to were "brown". We're a "brown" family ourselves (Latino / Filipino mix).

You know when an area is "turning". It's in your gut instinct. You just have to be in tune to the signs, like I was/am. My brother lives in Palmdale and I saw the signs when his old neighborhood was starting to "turn" and I warned him. His wife hated me for awhile and he had to drag her -- kicking and screaming -- to a better neighborhood with a higher mortgage in a better part of town, but they are soooo glad they did! Their old neighborhood has completely gone to crap. It's now common to see houses in disrepair, cars parked in patches of dirt where there was once a lawn, groups of able-bodied grown men standing out in the streets during the day, blocking traffic, broken glass in the gutters and roadways. Just nasty!

Old 01-14-2015, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
NO! They're probably calling it "ghetto" because they see more shifty people and loiterers, people walking in herds at intersections and glaring at motorists as they cross the intersection, people begging at the gas stations, more people driving SUVs with spinning rims and bling-bling nails at 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon while the normal population is at work! That IS ghetto! No denying it. FYI: none of the people I'm referring to were "brown". We're a "brown" family ourselves (Latino / Filipino mix).

You know when an area is "turning". It's in your gut instinct. You just have to be in tune to the signs, like I was/am. My brother lives in Palmdale and I saw the signs when his old neighborhood was starting to "turn" and I warned him. His wife hated me for awhile and he had to drag her -- kicking and screaming -- to a better neighborhood with a higher mortgage in a better part of town, but they are soooo glad they did! Their old neighborhood has completely gone to crap. It's now common to see houses in disrepair, cars parked in patches of dirt where there was once a lawn, groups of able-bodied grown men standing out in the streets during the day, blocking traffic, broken glass in the gutters and roadways. Just nasty!
EXACTLY! That was what happened to my neighborhood in just 3 short years, during the real estate "bubble" & subsequent crash. And I lived there for 21 years & raised my family there.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:02 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,538,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post

OMG! Shifty people, loiterers and people walking at intersections?! RUN!! LOL, you've clearly never been to a REAL ghetto. I suggest a visit to Watts, Compton and Stockton. You'll want to come running back to "ghetto" Yucaipa in a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties