Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 09:18 PM

209 posts, read 749,285 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Temecula/Murrieta area so i need advice on the commute to Orange County. ANY information you can give me on your commute will really help. Route, time, when you leave/return, how long it takes, slow spots etc. ANY help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Also, any advice on elementary schools and/or school districts would also be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 04:17 PM

279 posts, read 1,139,028 times
where in the OC are commuting to? you have the following options:

15 north to 91 west and you would need to leave about 5am because the corona bridge is a conga line, the you have the option of being on the 91 which can take you to Anahiem, Fullerton, etc...

or 91 to 241/261 to Irvine, Tustin, because the 241/261 changes to Jamobree now this toll road can cost you 10.00 a day, 5 each way and know that the 241/261 does connect you back to the 91 east, however it does not connect with the 91 Toll Road, because it does not intersect until green river...

with that said you can take 91 to green river which turns into Ontario wich will take you temescal canyon which can take you all the way back to 15 by passing the 91/15 congestion home.

Or if you work in Irvine, San Jaun Capistrano, Fashin Island, Newport beach, etc... take ortega, I do.... I leave at 6:30am and I arrive to work by 8am

My route? Grand to Ortega, to 5 freeway north, to 73 freeway, exit 133 /el toro to PCH hwy to MacArthur to Fashion Island.. my toll daily for round trip is 4.00.

Now if I take the 73 all the way to Bonita and exit then my toll is 10.00 a day, 5.00for each way....

Now people gripe about ortega but i gotta say-while most are hating the 91/15 commute I have a beautiful drive, its relaxing and I am actually moving. They are doing contruction and there is a flag guy to flag traffic, so there is 10-15 wait if you miss your pass, but I take it in stride and I get home and to work without frustration of traffic, merging, horns, fumes and accidents.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:18 AM

What time to do you need to hit the 91 west of corona in order to miss traffic or at least being moving in traffic?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionrules View Post
What time to do you need to hit the 91 west of corona in order to miss traffic or at least being moving in traffic?
that generic and broad question, where is your final destination?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:21 PM

garden grove. 22 freeway @ Euclid.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:16 PM

WOW! I used to live off Garden Grove and Gilbert.

If you have to be to work by 8am, you will need a Fast Track. My route was this for 4 months, every single day, since I had to still commute my kids to High School and elementary school for the remainder of the school year after we moved to Wildomar.
If you choose to take the 15 to 91 and deal with the over pass- Be up by 4:30, out of the house by 5am, no later then 5:15am.

The Corona Over Bridge (overpassto west bound 91) is the all holy nightmare of all over pass conectors.

Solution.
Please google this and you will see the perfect route. as I would also take this reverse route home every night.

Up at 5am leave at 5:30am take the 15 freeway exit Temescal Canyon, Temescal Canyon exit turn right- it will become E. Ontario when it loops back around at the 15, stay on E. Ontario all the way through residential streets, you will think you are lost, but your not.

E. Ontario becomes W. Ontario Stay on it. W. At W. Ontario and Paseo Grande make a left follow it around to Green River Rd, follow it and it will take you directly to the 91 West connector--and you by pass all the nightmare traffic, it seems like a long drive but it is not. You can catch the Toll Road right there, take the 91 Toll road to the basic 91 freeway and exit Euclid, hang a left and take it all the way to Garden Grove Blvd.. You should make it to your general desitnation by 7:45am.

Do not under any circumstance take the 57 to the 22 or the 55 to the 22- may seem easier on paper and mentally, but have you ever had a california freeway actually move?

I dont take this route anymore since my kids are now in the neighborhood schools, but this was the most stress free way and most reliable method for me to get them to school by 7:30am

I siggest you take a Sat and drive this route, sure it can be annoying but once you follow it, it will be a nothing drive.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 PM

if I leave by 4:45 will the 15 to 91 west still be really bad? I was hoping to avoid the fast-pass. Thanks for the short cut. It looks good from the map.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 PM

sorry. just read your post more closely and realized you had answered my question.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:32 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,283,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionrules View Post
Hi evolutionrules,
I commute from Chino to Anaheim in the mornings and evenings (71 S to 91 W to 55 S off Katella), getting to work around 8:30am. About on average 35-45min commute in the mornings, and 45-1hr in the evenings.

The 91 freeway westbound in the mornings, ~7:30-8AM, moves alright even if you don't have the FastTrak until you hit the intersections (55/57). I guess the key is if you want to use the FastTrak on the 91 West bound that you take a glance at the Price (Fastrack fair is based on congestion). So if the morning price is under $4 the traffic should be bearable.

In the evenings is when I think the 91 gets really bad. Traffic starts to build up around 3pm and lasts til around 7pm. To get around this I go through carbon canyon to get to Chino.... not sure maybe going south to the 74 would work for you?

I usually check google maps traffic, or kfwb traffic reports before leaving work and deciding on the route.

Alternatively, I occasionally take the Metrolink getting on the West Corona Station and Getting off by Anaheim Stadium. Works pretty well, especially if gas prices are going to hike up to $4+.

thanks,
chuck22b
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties