Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 11:52 PM

365 posts, read 1,419,393 times

Advertisements

Hello City-Forum,
This is something everyone needs to know! FHA loan limits are up!!! $500K in Riverside and San Bernardino, $729,750 in OC and LA counties, and $697,500 in San Diego. This is tremendous news as FHA is a very solid program that will allow us to potentially refi homes but more importantly it will allow someone to purchase a home up, to $750,000 in OC; $510,000 in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties; $710,000 in San Diego County, and only put down 3%. Keep in mind though that this program is currently available only till the end of the year.

This is some serious news for homeowners waiting to refinance and also for those wanting to purchase but couldn't or didn't want a jumbo loan. This will bring a boost to the market and housing affordability. We wish you the best in this market and please share this info with those you know. Also, ask questions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 03:37 AM

71 posts, read 309,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkllars View Post
Hello City-Forum,
This is something everyone needs to know! FHA loan limits are up!!! $500K in Riverside and San Bernardino, $729,750 in OC and LA counties, and $697,500 in San Diego. This is tremendous news as FHA is a very solid program that will allow us to potentially refi homes but more importantly it will allow someone to purchase a home up, to $750,000 in OC; $510,000 in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties; $710,000 in San Diego County, and only put down 3%. Keep in mind though that this program is currently available only till the end of the year.

This is some serious news for homeowners waiting to refinance and also for those wanting to purchase but couldn't or didn't want a jumbo loan. This will bring a boost to the market and housing affordability. We wish you the best in this market and please share this info with those you know. Also, ask questions!!
Thats what Im looking to get into with Wells Fargo. My agent had said something about CalHfa too. I sent in my loan application along numerous other documents to get looked over. Hopefully tomorrow, I can get some scenarios. Im stumped wondering what type of loan will exactly fit my needs but will also benefit me and my wife in the long run.

Im hoping to spend no more than 5 to 6 years in the house. And... of course Im hoping the market will change for the better by then. New president, people learn their lessons, troops get pulled out of places they dont belong, etc. Victoville looks promising and isnt as bad as people make it out to be. Its growing tremendously. The house I plan on getting is going for 220,990. 2287sqft, lot 7400. 3bed, 2.5bath, den, dining, family, kitchen, all appliances, granite, tile slab, carpet. Huge back yard. New home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties