Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 06:54 PM

11 posts, read 8,457 times

Advertisements

For the most part, I am doing work on my laptop for a few hours a day.
I live in East Hemet, right passed the Hemet county lines.

I noticed our 3 to 4 times per day small earthquakes/shakes.,
some more than others, Its knocked over my buddies BBQ grill, and Huge famed pictures.

Now.... My home is on solid cement foundation.
and front yard goes downward to the st.
of course we didnt do anything to the home.

with a pool in the back. No hills or anything to be concerned about alternate pipelines. or quite possibly untold...

MY home is like a mini wave pool, slow as can be.almost like its breathing . very slow... then UP, and down.
nothing before 2 weeks ago.

ANYONE GETTING THE SAME THING GOING ON???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 12:54 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfAbigDeal View Post

For the most part, I am doing work on my laptop for a few hours a day.
I live in East Hemet, right passed the Hemet county lines.

I noticed our 3 to 4 times per day small earthquakes/shakes.,
some more than others, Its knocked over my buddies BBQ grill, and Huge famed pictures.

Now.... My home is on solid cement foundation.
and front yard goes downward to the st.
of course we didnt do anything to the home.

with a pool in the back. No hills or anything to be concerned about alternate pipelines. or quite possibly untold...

MY home is like a mini wave pool, slow as can be.almost like its breathing . very slow... then UP, and down.
nothing before 2 weeks ago.

ANYONE GETTING THE SAME THING GOING ON???
According to Cal Tech, there have been a few small earthquakes in the Riverside/San Bernardino County area in the last week. There have also been some explosions at a quarry in Corona that registered on the richtor scale. They've all been minor ones (under 2.0) so not noticeable to most people, but perhaps you are more sensitive than most, or your home sits in a way that makes earthquakes more noticeable to you.

You can see the map of where they occurred here: http://scedc.caltech.edu/recent/Maps/Los_Angeles.html

The next time you experience this sensation, you can also go to the above site and see if something has occurred. Cal Tech updates it every hour.

You can also check the USGS site, which is maintained by Cal Tech, which has more data about earthquake trends in California (and the world). Here is that link:

http://www.seismolab.caltech.edu/earthquakes.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties