Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 07:49 AM

3 posts, read 4,478 times

Advertisements

My husband and our 3 children (11,7,5) will be relocating to So Cal we have been trying to find a city that is
1.safe 2.things to do 3.family-ish

We moved to Cali in 2010 and drove up and through north to south until we landed in San Diego, we decided to stay there for a while. We lived in Pacific beach, and then Rancho Pen., rancho was boring to me, and pb i didn't like much. We had to move back to Florida to take care of my grandmother she has passed and we are looking for suggestions on where to move back to. We were only in SD for a little over a year so i feel like we didnt get a good feel of the area around there,we have never been to IE so we know nothing about it really, if your suggestions are else where that's okay too.

Thank you all for your help we appreciate it and cant wait to be back on the West Coast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 09:07 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Since you had some opinions about Rancho Pen and PB, what didn't you like and what are you looking for?

There are a number of areas in the IE that are like Rancho Pen so your feedback would help.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 4,478 times
Rancho penasquitos was boring I felt like there was nothing to do...and is BLAH. Pacific beach I did like the scenery since I do live on the East coast beach now, and is what I'm used to but I didn't like the younger crowds, felt like there was a large amount of people who probably do drugs ...(I'm assuming of course), there was also a lot of homeless just downtown feel to me. I'm looking for a safe town with things to do - when I say safe I'm looking for no hookers homeless gangs and druggy people. I love the houses in Temecula but I feel like there isn't much work for my husband there ...but of course I don't know. He has worked for my dads cable company so he can do that there in California and he has also owned his own lawn tree and landscaping service for 30 years. So I'm looking for a city that is able to provide him with work we have a good amount of money saved up to where we are probably going to try out different cities for a while. I'm curious of the IE area closer to LA and OC since Temecula doesn't have much industry

Old 11-27-2017, 07:48 PM

661 posts, read 833,633 times
South Temecula is really nice a heck of a lot more affordable than San Diego with great schools and safe neighborhoods and nice newer master-planned communities.

The only negative is many have to commute to San Diego for work. If you work from home even better, if you work in North County is not too bad a drive, it about an hour to San Diego each way and traffic has been getting worse over the years adding time to the commute during peak times.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:13 PM

535 posts, read 343,585 times
The problem with not having a good skill set is that it will be difficult for your husband to find work. Figure out what he wants to do and try for a job. The Lawn tree and landscaping service is a decent idea, but there is a lot of competition because of people who are willing to work for less.
Glad you have a lot of money saved up as it is expensive to live here.
Also, the homeless are everywhere, even in the nicest cities. The state changed the laws and can't hold criminals in prison for very long. They have nowhere to go and end up in our neighborhoods and streets.

Try Fullerton, Brea, or Yorba Linda, CA.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:17 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misjohnson View Post
I'm curious of the IE area closer to LA and OC since Temecula doesn't have much industry
Not really as there are only a couple of routes to LA or OC and they are all packed with traffic. Look in North OC or even Orange or certain areas of Tustin in OC.

I lived in Murrieta and it is a nice area, but any commute is a pain. Fortunately I did not have to commute.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:52 PM

817 posts, read 922,556 times
Basically you would be looking west of the 15 freeway, which is commuting distance to DTLA, Pasadena, etc. I worked in City of Commerce for 2 years and commuted from Alta Loma, but then got a job in San Bernardino which is much closer. We were about an hour from Huntington Beach (weekend driving), 40 minutes from Mountain High, and 5 hours from Phoenix. We also went to San Diego a lot.

My list.. some will be closer to OC and others closer to LA. Also look at working in the IE itself.
Chino Hills, Alta Loma, Etiwanda, La Verne, Upland, Corona, Eastvale, and Norco.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Basically you would be looking west of the 15 freeway, which is commuting distance to DTLA, Pasadena, etc. I worked in City of Commerce for 2 years and commuted from Alta Loma, but then got a job in San Bernardino which is much closer. We were about an hour from Huntington Beach (weekend driving), 40 minutes from Mountain High, and 5 hours from Phoenix. We also went to San Diego a lot.

My list.. some will be closer to OC and others closer to LA. Also look at working in the IE itself.
Chino Hills, Alta Loma, Etiwanda, La Verne, Upland, Corona, Eastvale, and Norco.
Good suggestions for OC and LA being reasonably accessible.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:06 AM

183 posts, read 243,487 times
Default i've been

rancho cucamonga, pomona, montclair, stay away from San bernardino...it's a slum

Old 01-02-2018, 07:48 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
rancho cucamonga, pomona, montclair, stay away from San bernardino...it's a slum
Pomona?
Montclair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties