Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 12:01 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,132,378 times

Advertisements

PLEASE READ BELOW:

Okay. So, recently, for the past couple of days, I've been starting to think that perhaps it would be a good idea for me to continue my education by going to the College of the Desert pretty soon, probably next semester (Summer 2018) most likely.

Now, I realize that I have been slacking quite a bit after my 2016 graduation from Indio High School (procrastinator, I know), and that I had no intentions of going to college almost whatsoever, but I'm now thinking and planning to finally turn that around.

The problem is that me and my family are quite low-income (yes, I still live with my parents, so therefore, I'm currently unable to get my own place to buy or rent), so I thought that perhaps I should sign up and apply for FAFSA (financial aid). But, how exactly do I start going about that? Do I need to go into the college's office and ask for an appointment for that? Do I need to call the office's number and then schedule one from there?

Next, I'm aware that the College of the Desert has five campuses: the Palm Desert Campus (the original one), the Indio Campus, the Mecca/Thermal Campus, the Palm Springs Campus, and the Desert Hot Springs Campus. Now, obviously, the latter three campus locations are definitely out of the question as they are all too distant for me (I don't own a car yet, either). I'm planning to go to either the one in Palm Desert or the one here in Indio. However, I'd like to go to the Palm Desert Campus since it is obviously the biggest (thus, more activities) and is also the closest to UC Riverside-Palm Desert and CSU San Bernardino Palm Desert Campus (one of two of which I plan to transfer to once I get enough transfer blocks; I'm not exactly sure how that goes); if I do, then I'll most likely take the Sunbus to there and back home to Indio. Plus, the campus here in Indio is far smaller is located in kind of a sketchy area (I have, however, read a local article saying that there will be expansion of the Indio Campus coming around soon). But, if all else fails, I'll just go to the Indio Campus since I live right near it anyway (just about a 10-15 minute walk to there and back).

Another thing, can students at the College of the Desert be given the option to attend more than one campus location to take classes, partake in sports, etc.?

In addition, I was told that "Resources" is basically the college version of Special Education. Is this true? I'm also thinking of registering for that, as well.

Obviously, I'll take part-time classes since I volunteer at a church in north Indio for at least 3-4 days a week, and I'll likely have some job in hand, as well. So, no full-time at all for me.

So, I guess my final question is: how exactly do I start applying to get myself enrolled into the College of the Desert for the next possible semester?

Any other ideas and/or tips any of you can inform me on so that I can start going there ASAP?

I hope that any one of you will be able to take the time to respond to this thread, and any answers and help will certainly be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by Brandon Graves; 04-04-2018 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 06:33 AM

328 posts, read 425,963 times
Brandon,
You have been so helpful to others on this board, it is a shame your request for information about enrolling at COD has gone unanswered. Unfortunately, the demo of this forum is long past college age.

All your questions can be easily answered by setting an appointment with COD Admissions and Records. (760) 773-2516

Your decision to continue your education is beautiful and we all wish you great success.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:24 PM

67 posts, read 90,268 times
I think you apply for FAFSA online....

Old 04-18-2018, 01:10 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Ah, the "daze" when we called it College of the Desperate. But that's a, uh, a while ago. Now, it's "UCOD."

Old 04-18-2018, 01:22 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,132,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Ah, the "daze" when we called it College of the Desperate. But that's a, uh, a while ago. Now, it's "UCOD."
"UCOD," you say? That's something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties